Unable to use Safari for uploading attachments

M

MacHeadCase

Anyone else experience this or am I the only one? I hadn't noticed this behaviour before.

I cannot use Safari to upload attachments to posts anymore. The only thing that changed between when it used to work and now is the latest update I think. Unless something was changed on he server end?

I now have to use Camino for posts where I want to attach a screenshot...

See below for the Safari error message I get...

And I have tried various file sizes so it isn't related to the files' sizes. Besides, Camino works well for the same files that refuse to upload in Safari. Pretty strange. :eek:

safari_error_message.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I have the same problem with Safari from time to time, but it isn't only on this site. I simply use Firefox when I want/need to upload an attachment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Do yo have any modifications installed in safari? That caused the same error for me. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Have not seen this one on either Safari 2 or 3.

OP
M

MacHeadCase

Do yo have any modifications installed in safari? That caused the same error for me. :)

No I don't. Between the time it worked and started not working, nothing changed except the latest update. No add-ons between then and now. Looks like I'll have to use Camino whenever I need to add an attachment to a post from now on, then.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
i havnt had this problem but sometimes (in any browser) when uploading an attachment have to click the upload button a few times for the upload to start.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Found one thread with same issue where it was solved by removing all the caches folders found at:
user - Library - Caches - Safari

Might also just try emptying the cache in Safari -

Apparently has to do with the permissions of this folder becoming corrupted and recognized as a read only, so that Safari can not write to it.

OP
M

MacHeadCase

Mighty strange: don't have a cache folder for Safari in there at all, just an alias for Safari! Created one just now, just to see what this might change. I empty the cache every night when I quit Safari but did it again just now. Thanks for the tip, bob! Hopefully this will work!

OP
M

MacHeadCase

Testing...

Edited to add:

Bob, you rule!!! That Caches folder thing worked! After getting rid of the alias and creating a Safari cache folder, emptying the cache, quitting and launching Safari again, it now works! Whooh hooh! Thanks a ton!!!

Guess this isn't a forum issue after all but a Safari one. Sorry about posting this in the wrong sub-forum.

dear_deer.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.