• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iMovie HD Question

Reaction score
Hello all.

Newbie question for you.

When I have imported video from my camera and completed my editing and burned my project - is the only way to delete the imported video from the hard drive by selecting the individual clips and putting them in the trash from within iMovie?

Assuming that I don't want to keep the project and the imported video of course!! Anyone know where iMovie imports the original video footage to on the hard drive?

Thanks in advance.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If you are finished with the iMovie project. Just trash the project file. It contains everything, in the iMovie project.

OP
J
Reaction score
If you are finished with the iMovie project. Just trash the project file. It contains everything, in the iMovie project.

Ahhhhhh....excellent. So it will take all the video files too. Thanks. As a new Mac user and long time Windows user I am not used to everything being so easy!! ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
yes. Embedded video files. A gift and a curse.

A CURSE I TELLS YA!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Its not a real curse, because you can do a control click and then select show package contents. Then you look in the media folder for your video clips.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.