• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

NYPD Officer Have Died "City Mourn"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=local&id=5479215

http://www.ny1.com/ny1/content/index.jsp?stid=1&aid=71680

http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_195174707.html

And the charge will be upgrade to "1th degree murder" which carry a sentence of
life in prison with no possible of parole or a death pentalty case

me "execute em" you kill a cops and you get what you deserve !

Sorry, but I hate this attitude.

You kill a person and you should get what you deserve. Just personally opinion is all.

There's some situations where a cop can contribute to their own death and the other person gets screwed because of this. That's not at all what happened there though. I agree he should be put away for a very, very, very long time.

Reaction score
umm....village idiot....what "attitude" are you talking about?

Please don't take this the wrong way because I really don't mean to start an argument with you here; i just want to present the facts so that you understand the situation and maybe you will see why Mini Rigs (and I) feel this way:

1) the same weapon used in the police shootings was used in another shooting that happened earlier and killed someone also. So the suspect is responsible for at least 2 murders.

2) the 2 policemen were doing their job and handling the situation by the books: they stopped the vehicle when they ran the plates through their computer and found out that it didn't belong to the vehicle.

3) innocent and decent people do not run and hide in the woods when the police want to question them: they stand their ground and prove their innocence.

4) innocent and decent people don't all try to be the driver and not the shooters

5) if they are put in jail for the rest of their lives, the residents of NYC have to pay for their food and other expenses in jail (when we pay taxes).

Mini Rigs, I agree with you, I wouldn't mind if they chose to punish them with death penalty. You can't shoot at police. Period. They are there to protect us.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I think you didn't completely read his response, Chuck. He stated an opinion about, what I think is, a blanket response to any "cop killing" situation, and then clearly stated he doesn't feel that way in this case though.

Reaction score
I apologize if I misunderstood VI's post. Don't mean to start anything. I guess I was a little tired and got a little too emotional when I made my first post.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Punishments for "killing" a cop shouldn't be any different unless maybe that they can prove that they killed that person because they were a cop.

Not applying to this case of course, just the first post that says "You kill a cop, you get what you deserve".

I've seen other cases where cops have died in the line of duty because of bad decisions that they've made and who ever is prosecuting wants to make an example out of the offender....mainly in highway chases mind you...but if that would have been some one else that died in that situation, then they would have not tried to tack on every charge imaginable them make up anything else they think would fit.

The above case though was plain and simple murder. Don't string the guy up because he killed a cop, string him up because he killed a person...

I guess there's too many obvious double standards in today's world that probably won't ever be fixed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.