• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

WOW! iMac teaser on Apple homepage?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Wow, you have got to see this!
I just went to the Apple site and suddenly I had this huge rush of excitement when I saw this sort of teaser on their homepage.
My first thought was, "take a screenshot, put it on Mac-Forums!".
And luckily I did, because when I then refreshed the page it was gone, back to the "Say hello to iPhone" thing. nnn!
Could this've been a mistake, maybe they are releasing the new iMac in a few days and they accidently put it on there. It seems very unlikely to me though.
Anyway, here's the screenshot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Uh huh sure...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Wrong font & Photoshop icon in the quicklinks bar is a dead giveaway ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
it was convincing to me if it makes you feel better

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Well, I don't think Apple would do something like that.;)

Sometimes I think even the pre-release information we get is leaked by Apple lol. They have very tight control of their game :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
Apple have been known to update their website a little early in the past; but the "when I then refreshed the page it was gone, back to the "Say hello to iPhone" thing. nnn!", and the wrong font makes it dead obvious.

Looks nice though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.4 ghz intel core duo / 4 gig of ram.
what an idiot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Make sure you get the right font if you're making a mockup - it should be Myriad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
what an idiot.
wow you are a kind human being i almost hope you dont make it through the next 4 days of your life. someone posted a lil funny type joke. no need to run around being a jerk vaughan.

yea i could tell instantly that it was not real...got me excited for a second though because i am saving up for an imac to get by or before october

-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
Make sure you get the right font if you're making a mockup - it should be Myriad.

Actually, it's Myriad Pro is it not?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.4 ghz intel core duo / 4 gig of ram.
wow you are a kind human being i almost hope you dont make it through the next 4 days of your life. someone posted a lil funny type joke. no need to run around being a jerk vaughan.

yea i could tell instantly that it was not real...got me excited for a second though because i am saving up for an imac to get by or before october

-chris

a bit strong. I just don't see the point of claiming a mock up that someone has made as real. not only did it get my hopes up but other people too. I just thought it was a bit pointless thats all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.