iPhone Remote Buddy software now available - that's hawt!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
linkage

iPhone support is in beta in release 1.1 of Remote Buddy and it's already looking awesome. I will definitely be picking this up as soon as I get an iPhone. The big feature for me is the one that allows you to browse your iTunes library on your iPhone and control playback. That means you can turn your iPhone into a color touchscreen remote for iTunes on your Mac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
http://code.google.com/p/telekinesis/

Will probably get to that point in the near future. As of now you can use it as a remote, go to the screenshot app and select a different song (time consuming but it works)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
http://code.google.com/p/telekinesis/

Will probably get to that point in the near future. As of now you can use it as a remote, go to the screenshot app and select a different song (time consuming but it works)

Wow, I just tried this and it's great! So cool, especially seeing an isight snapshot from anywhere. P.S., an alternative way to controlling your itunes library would be to browse to your itunes music folder in it's interface and just play music in itunes by opening the files. Works great and is fast.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
HOLY CRAP! I did not realize you could also stream videos from your computer!! I can now watch all the movies and tv shows in my itunes library, not just the ones synced to the phone!!

EDIT: I take that back, most of the movies seem to not work, but some do. Why would this happen? hmm...

2nd EDIT: I figured it out, the videos must be in the h.264 codec or whatever that is. Blast, a lot of my library isn't.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
HOLY CRAP! I did not realize you could also stream videos from your computer!! I can now watch all the movies and tv shows in my itunes library, not just the ones synced to the phone!!

EDIT: I take that back, most of the movies seem to not work, but some do. Why would this happen? hmm...

2nd EDIT: I figured it out, the videos must be in the h.264 codec or whatever that is. Blast, a lot of my library isn't.
Yea the videos would have to be encoded for the iPhone for them to work

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Does anyone know how to use telekinesis outside of your own local network? Obviously the site has little to no instruction and I'm not too good with network stuff so some advice would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You would need to know your public ip address (http://www.whatismyip.com/)

And configure in your router to forward any requests to the ports you specified in iPhone buddy to go to your computers local address.

Then on your phone you go to https://publicipaddress:port

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, I think it's working now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.