• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I gave the wrong credit card information!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 1 GB Memory
Through a series of unfortunate events, I gave the wrong credit card information, actually technically my mom did, but that's besides the point.

We went through the process for buying a Macbook forgetting that our account used a constant credit card. So we attempted to change it and ended up giving the wrong credit card information (the billing address and security code is for one, but the actual number is for another).

What should I do?

OP
BrettCommandeur
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 1 GB Memory
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Also call the credit card company. You'll want to ensure them you made an error and that someone isn't trying to do something fraudulent.

Reaction score
Also call the credit card company. You'll want to ensure them you made an error and that someone isn't trying to do something fraudulent.

They will lock your card in a hurry if the suspect so and it can be a song and a dance trying to get it fixed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.