ITUNES Help

Reaction score
I recorded a song on my mac pro/Protools and have it in a file under my name in Itunes. I am trying to send the file through e-mail and it will not go, it stays in my out box. These are the steps I am doing.

Once I go into my e-mail I am doing an attachment.
Attachment in music, then I choose itunes, then itunes music, my file, then the song I want to attach, and then I choose the file. The file happens to be a AIFF audio file.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Video| 15" MacBook Pro | iPod Shuffle
Instead of AIFF, it might have to be an mp3.

OP
T
Reaction score
Itunes Help

Can you tell me how to convert a AIFF file to a MP3 file?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
when emailing your file check that its 10mb or less as most mail programs only accept 10mb as a max size of attachement(s)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 1.5Ghz, 768Mb RAM, 80gb hard drive-imac G4-ipod touch 32Gb 3g-Macbook 2.4ghz, 2BG RAM
Can you tell me how to convert a AIFF file to a MP3 file?

Thanks!

Open itunes and locate your song. Right click on it and select 'convert selection to mp3'. When that's done, right click on the mp3 version and select 'show in finder'. Open your email client, compose your email and drag the mp3 file into the attachment window. You can even drag straight from the itunes window as well.

What email client are you using? I use Entourage and that's how i do it.

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks zacman, I use the apple mail as my email client. I tried to do what you suggested. I located my song in Itunes, and right clicked on it. There was one option to convert selection and that was to AIFF. There was no option to convert selection to MP3.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.