iPhone improvements you would like to see.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Powerbook G4, iPhone
Hello everyone,

This is my first post as a registered user, although I have been lurking here for some time. I haven't been able to locate a site which has a place for people to put together a "wish list" of features they would like to see on future versions of the iPhone.

I'm not talking about the obvious ones like 3G capability and longer battery life, but things like having visual voicemail list what time you got a message yesterday, instead of just telling you "yesterday".

Another one of mine would be the availability to turn the ringer off for callers who are not in my contacts list. (for those of us who don't care for wrong number calls at 4 in the morning)

So please, stand up and tell the group, what would you like to see tweaked or improved in future versions of iPhone?

Arne~Milwaukee, WI

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro C2D : 15.4" : 2GB : 120GB : Glossy
I would like to see sometime in the next few software updates:

• Cusomizable Ringtones
  • Customizable, and at the very least changable notification sounds for Voicemail, Text, Email, etc.
  • MMS Functionality send/receive
  • Video Capture
  • Customizable Dashboard, why on earth can you not move/change/add/remove the icons on the dash?
  • Realtime icons on the dash, the weather icon should show current temp, the clock should show current time, the photo icon should show a user selected pic, etc.
  • Profiles: Home, Outdoors, Office, Nighttime, Silent, etc.
  • Auto-Speaker for Visual Voicemail: If the handset isn't on your face (it knows by using the sensor by the earpiece) then when you select a voicemail to listen to it should auto play out of the speaker, not the earpiece.

These are in no way beefs with the current software, just some things I think should be included when thinking about future upgrades. MMS is the most important thing, for me, that I listed though. How that was overlooked in the first place is beyond me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I would like to see two things. First, a 30 gb version. Second would be a settings feature. Maybe it is already possible. I like to have different setting for my phone at work, in my car and at home. I bave one dock at my desk At work so i keep the brightness on full and dont let it lock. But i dont have a car charger so that will kill my battery. Itd be easier to set my own settings once not every few hours. Otherwise its perfect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro C2D : 15.4" : 2GB : 120GB : Glossy
Yeah, that is basically what I meant when I said Profiles.

Another thing, I think it's dumb that calls go straight to Voicemail when you're browsing the web on the EDGE network, IMO Safari should pause, allow your call through, and then pick back up where it left off when the call is terminated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
This is probably very unlikely but I'd love someway to stream live TV and HDTV to my iPhone from my mac using my Elgato EyeTV hybrid. And iChat would be nice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone

Another thing, I think it's dumb that calls go straight to Voicemail when you're browsing the web on the EDGE network, IMO Safari should pause, allow your call through, and then pick back up where it left off when the call is terminated.

oh is that whats been happening?

k, my list

-MMS
-That ^^
-Move/Delete 'stocks'
-The way texts are saved needs to be changed, and i just had it notify me to delete them... but there aren't that many saved. But then, it only has ones that are recent you cant go look at older ones? Im confused. I dont like it.

eeeek. got to go back to work, more later im sure!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Some kind of visual file system and the ability to store files and data. This is OS X after all.

Also, the ability to cut/copy/paste and open/save attached email files and internet content.

Oh, and a way to put the wifi toggle switch on the home screen. Keeping wifi off is key to longer battery life, so it'd be a pain to have to keep digging into the setting every time you want to turn it off and on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
Also, the ability to cut/copy/paste and open/save attached email files and internet content.

oooooooooooooooooooh yeah that too!!!! i miss that from my blackberry.
a lot.

Reaction score
I would like to see sometime in the next few software updates:
  • Cusomizable Ringtones
  • Customizable, and at the very least changable notification sounds for Voicemail, Text, Email, etc.
  • MMS Functionality send/receive
  • Video Capture
  • Customizable Dashboard, why on earth can you not move/change/add/remove the icons on the dash?
  • Realtime icons on the dash, the weather icon should show current temp, the clock should show current time, the photo icon should show a user selected pic, etc.
  • Profiles: Home, Outdoors, Office, Nighttime, Silent, etc.
  • Auto-Speaker for Visual Voicemail: If the handset isn't on your face (it knows by using the sensor by the earpiece) then when you select a voicemail to listen to it should auto play out of the speaker, not the earpiece.
These are in no way beefs with the current software, just some things I think should be included when thinking about future upgrades. MMS is the most important thing, for me, that I listed though. How that was overlooked in the first place is beyond me.

Yup, same here.

Some kind of visual file system and the ability to store files and data. This is OS X after all.

Oh, and a way to put the wifi toggle switch on the home screen. Keeping wifi off is key to longer battery life, so it'd be a pain to have to keep digging into the setting every time you want to turn it off and on.

Yeah, I really wish they'd implement copy/paste of text.

I'm pretty sure they have stuff in the works to address most of the issues we are concerned about. At least I hope so. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15” Macbook Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 160GB HD
I do not have a iPhone but have played with them it a lot i agree with the calls when on the safari.... the copy/paste/cut..... also i wish you could text message and write emails when the phone is horizontal so you have a bigger keyboard!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
I would like all that stuff and to be able to sync note. ie enter them on the computer and sync to phone...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Bluetooth sync would be nice too. I have much faith that many, if not all, of the major issues will be addressed in the coming months.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

Sorry about that. I was on my iPhone writing that message. It took a half hour post because I kept getting signed out. Your post wasnt there for me to view when I started.

Profiles are what I want to see most.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Right now I really want tethering, especially via Bluetooth. All of my previous phones could do that.

OP
savagehenry
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Powerbook G4, iPhone
I wonder how long we will have to wait until the iPhone does the genie effect into your ear when you hit the sleep/wake button? :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
oh you know what else is really obnoxious? when i receive a text when im on a call it vibrates aannnnd beeps really loud. i freak out everytime.

seems odd, most phones it was like an 'in call' beep.

sigh.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
mandatory IQ test in order to purchase. will eliminate all the morons who have not done research on it and then came here to complain
-chris

Reaction score
i would like to see:
profiles
video recording
easy hotmail acess on the mail program
32gb version

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, MacBook Pro
Welcome iPhone Additions

1) Copy, cut and paste
2) Print to networked printer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.