Does the iPhone have a 300 recharge cycle battery?

Reaction score
Someone showed me a review today that shows the iPhone just can be charged 300 times. Is that true? I'm hoping to have iPhone 2.0 within a year but this just doesn't sound nice. I know the replacement is $85 and it's not user replaceable but that sure is a short battery life. I know with most battery technology they often last 2-3 years.

What is the best way to get maximum battery life? The guy that showed me the review just runs his battery down each time and often goes over 2 days between charges but I charge mine nightly and this is important to me since I want to be able to sync it daily. Most of all, is there any truth or this or estimates? I know maybe we'll only know in a year when we see how battery life is or how much it's shortened.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i highly doubt that article had any truth to it at all
-chris

Reaction score
My mother who had to have an iPhone just called me all frantic after seeing this same article. The only truth to the article I see is the replacment cost of the battery and that is isnt user replacable. Last time I checked the iPhone has only been on sale for what 11 days or so. I highly doubt anyone has had time to put the phone through a real-world test to gauge the number of charge cycles before the battery is dead. Show me an Apple press release making that statement, then I'd worry a bit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Charge Cycles
A properly maintained iPhone battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity after 400 full charge and discharge cycles. You may choose to replace your battery when it no longer holds sufficient charge to meet your needs.

http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I'm so disappointed in the lack of a user-replaceable battery. Take a look at the pics people have of taking one apart and ask yourself, how hard would it have been for them to adjust the design to make it user-replaceable? Not very, in my opinion, for such talented designers who designed such a product in the first place.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 1GB RAM, 160GB HD, Intel Core Duo, 13" Display
I heard that the iPhone had a battery life of only 300-500 charges

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Powerbook G4, iPhone
If I understood correctly, the 300 charge cycles were referring to the equivelant of full depth cycles. In other words, if you only let your battery drain to half, you can recharge 600 times (600 days) before you would need to start thinking about wanting a fresh battery. As with everything, the truth is probably somewhere in between.

Arne

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
in a year to a year and a half we will know. i assume the battery manufactures would know what their battery can and cannot do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.