• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Do you have Sprint-Nextel?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
Don't call support if you do. Interesting article.

Makes you wonder how many times did they call?

Reaction score
I have Sprint and the article caught my attention. Hmmmm, this might be the "out" I need!! ;) All I need do is start contacting them every hour and then they boot me, I get an iPhone......................hmmmmmm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
I read this at work today. I find that amusing that they can just cancel your service because they think you are annoying. They must make a lot of money to not have to deal with customers who are annoying!

On a some what related note, they have to make a good amount of money just from business contracts. When I walk around Disney, everyone who works there has a Nextel, and I know the National Guard uses them. Maybe they are going to a more business route?

Reaction score
must make a lot of money to not have to deal with customers who are annoying!

Yeah, check thier phone prices...

I have Sprint, never needed to call support.

I don't want an iPhone anyway though, although there is a local company I'd like to swtich too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I think it's some kind of marketing ploy to try to create an air of exclusivity or something. I mean, how much can they really be saving by axing a handful of contracts?

I remember when I had Sprint I wouldn't dare call them They charged a dollar every time you called support!! :eek: I paid the ETF to get away from those robbers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I wish TELUS would do this :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
CNN said the people who were cut were calling 40-50 times a month while the average user calls less than once. The most extreme case had some calling 300 times in one month (10 times a day!!!!).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Why on earth would someone need to call Sprint that much?

Then again...

Picture 9.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
They must make a lot of money to not have to deal with customers who are annoying!

Other way around. Some customers just aren't worth the trouble.

Famous story (and possible urban legend)

Jim Ruppel, director of customer relations, and Sherry Phelps, director of corporate employment, tell the story of a woman who frequently flew on Southwest, but was disappointed with every aspect of the company's operation. In fact, she became known as the "Pen Pal" because after every flight she wrote in with a complaint. She didn't like the fact that the company didn't assign seats; she didn't like the absence of a first-class section; she didn't like not having a meal in flight; she didn't like Southwest's boarding procedure; she didn't like the flight attendants' sporty uniforms and the casual atmosphere. And she hated peanuts! Her last letter, reciting a litany of complaints, momentarily stumped Southwest's customer relations people. Phelps explains: "Southwest prides itself on answering every letter that comes to the company and several employees tried to respond to this customer, patiently explaining why we do things the way we do them. [Our response] was quickly becoming a [large] volume until they bumped it up to Herb's desk, with a note: 'This one's yours.' In sixty seconds, Kelleher wrote back and said, 'Dear Mrs. Crabapple, We will miss you. Love, Herb.'"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.