editing music?

Reaction score
I'm another that just made the switch to mac. So far so good.

One of the things I do is edit music for my daughter who's a figure skater. In other words I take a piece of music and edit parts out of it to make it what I want and fit the time limit of her program

I'm used to using Cool Edit Pro, which is actually an outdated program that's been replaced byAdobe Audition, which I also have but I still prefer Cool Edit Pro.

What mac software would do what I need?
Thanks!
Lori

cas

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz 512mb Mac OSX 10.4.8
Garageband is included with your new mac :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
you could also try out sound studio.... its a fairly simple program that only allows for two tracks (L and R audio) at a time, but for what you are using it for i think it would work great. Not 100% sure, but i think they have some sort of free trial you could use before paying for it, look around google a bit.

Ste

Reaction score
I'm another that just made the switch to mac. So far so good.

One of the things I do is edit music for my daughter who's a figure skater. In other words I take a piece of music and edit parts out of it to make it what I want and fit the time limit of her program

I'm used to using Cool Edit Pro, which is actually an outdated program that's been replaced byAdobe Audition, which I also have but I still prefer Cool Edit Pro.

What mac software would do what I need?
Thanks!
Lori

A good Mac Audio/eidter that has many features is Amadeus II or Amadeus Pro. You can try a demo copy at:

http://www.hairesoft.com

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.