• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Typical English weather but worse...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16Ghz Mac Book Pro
:Shouting: Im getting so fed up with the weather in the UK at the moment! It's been non stop rain for weeks now - i mean literally weeks. It's the middle of July and you can't even enjoy a pint in a pub garden! I also finally have a job and money but there's no summer with which to enjoy it!! Anyone who doubts the existence of climate change please come to England

Not sure how many other people on this forum are from the UK so apologies if this rant doesn't apply!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Here we've had like no rain almost for two months. We're way under where we should be right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
Heya!

I also live in the UK and im so bored of the weather currently, its either raining or "about to" rain.

I work in a pub/resteraunt and so many people are bored of drinking inside the pub during the summer, they would much rather (like most people) be outside in the garden.

With all this in mind, a hot winter will do :p

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
You ought to come to Texas! The city in which I live had nearly 15 inches of rain during the month of June and has had nearly 5 thus far in July.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
LOL ~ come visit me in the desert, it last rained in April!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
Man, I wish I lived in the UK

I *LOVE* the rain! Seriously!

Reaction score
people watching "Tour ~De France" got well sun burnt today in London !!

lovely...

feel sorry for the people in the north..... what a mess.

Reaction score
Gee this post is an eye-opener for me. I thought it ALWAYS rained in the UK. You mean it doesn't???? :D ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC 20 inch dual core. 16 GB ipad.
No if it doesn't rain for two weeks they call it a drought and impose a hosepipe ban. But right now the depression has lifted, the sun is just setting and the french doors are still open.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
We could really use that rain over here. Walking around and looking at dead grass everywhere is really depressing. But I guess we can at least walk around outside without umbrellas.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
The rain let up! Here in the SUNNY UK I've spent the afternoon in 5 different beer gardens. Smashing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Bar-hopping to 5 different places? I guess "smashing" is a good word to use! ;)

BTW, great avatar!

T

todd51

It was really dry around here but we had a week or so of thunderstorms off and on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
Central Illinois, it has been pretty much normal, rain, rain then few days of nice weather. The a front comes through with rain, then a few days of nice, but warm to hot weather. I'm just glad we made it through tornado season this year with no twisters, I just replaced my roof last year from a F2.

Reaction score
:Shouting: Im getting so fed up with the weather in the UK at the moment! It's been non stop rain for weeks now - i mean literally weeks. It's the middle of July and you can't even enjoy a pint in a pub garden! I also finally have a job and money but there's no summer with which to enjoy it!! Anyone who doubts the existence of climate change please come to England

Not sure how many other people on this forum are from the UK so apologies if this rant doesn't apply!

Obviously the weather patterns have been seriously disrupted. Soon, the gulf stream will be completely redirected and the northern seaboard will experience a permanant mini-ice age.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Obviously the weather patterns have been seriously disrupted. Soon, the gulf stream will be completely redirected and the northern seaboard will experience a permanant mini-ice age.

Here we go......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
Hey TS -- we used to live in Suffolk, UK (Thetford and Lakenheath) while stationed there from 94-97. Everybody used to say if you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes! :)

Thetford and lakenheath?! Thats cool, I only live 15 minuites down the road from there! (Mildenhall)

~~ TS ~~

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.