Just got a new MBP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4ghz; 4gb ipod nano; dell axim x51
Hey all,

I just got a new MacBook Pro about a week ago. It is the 15.4" glossy screen with the 2.4ghz santa rosa processor. Prior to this I was on a custom desktop running windows xp, and I've been so happy these past few days using the MBP. Everything has come to me pretty easy, all I've been doing lately is learning some of the keyboard shortcut. Aside from that I pretty much have everything down to a science. Below is a pic of it. I have it up on a small stand currently with a logitech mouse hooked up, apple keyboard, and an antec cooling pad under it. This setup is only temporary and I probably will not bring the stand with me to college in the fall.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z212/SteveMBP/MBPondesk.jpg

Nice to meet you all.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hey all,

I just got a new MacBook Pro about a week ago. It is the 15.4" glossy screen with the 2.4ghz santa rosa processor. Prior to this I was on a custom desktop running windows xp, and I've been so happy these past few days using the MBP. Everything has come to me pretty easy, all I've been doing lately is learning some of the keyboard shortcut. Aside from that I pretty much have everything down to a science. Below is a pic of it. I have it up on a small stand currently with a logitech mouse hooked up, apple keyboard, and an antec cooling pad under it. This setup is only temporary and I probably will not bring the stand with me to college in the fall.

Nice to meet you all.

Congrats and welcome to the forums. Is that a Dell C-series docking station monitor stand? If so, how ironic ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 80G HDD, 1G RAM
I may sound ignorant, but what's the need for the stand and keyboard? Does anyone else use this? I feel so simplistic in my bed with my MacBook on my lap...

-chontos

OP
SteveMBP
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4ghz; 4gb ipod nano; dell axim x51
I don't know, it's just more comfortable. But like I said, I probably will leave the stand and keyboard @ home when I start college out-of-state in the fall.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0Ghz C2D 2GB RAM 250GB HD & Superdrive
Congrats on the MBP! It sounds like a sweet machine. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 80G HDD, 1G RAM
Yeah I can imagine it being more comfortable actually...

T

todd51

Sweet, welcome to MF Steve!

I had considered getting a regular keyboard for my MBP also whenever I have it on the desk, just easier than stretching my arms all the way across the desk, and sometimes I like to put the keyboard in my lap without unplugging the laptop.

Reaction score
I feel so simplistic in my bed with my MacBook on my lap...

shouldn't put it on your lap as it blocks the fan vents you should put it on a hard surface and not on a bed or any soft surface. If you want to use it on your lap you should purchase an "iLap"

:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17', 2.4 Ghz MBP, 4 GB RAM, + .Mac + 80GB Black ViPod + Airport Ext.*2 + Airport Exp.*2
Welcome to the club!

Actually I use somewhat similar setup for more than three years already: I use my 17' MBP for both home and office. Both here and there I have Griffin iCurve (at home it's more recent "Elevator"), Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mighty Mouse.

I find it to be the most comfortable and ergonomic solution both for me, because it raises the screen up to the eye-level and for the computer, since it gets proper ventilation. I'm pretty sure that after trying it for a few days nobody would imagine how he/she lived without it.

As to your simplistic feeling, I can also experience it times I take my laptop to bed, etc.

Again, congrats on your new MBP!

Reaction score
shouldn't put it on your lap as it blocks the fan vents you should put it on a hard surface and not on a bed or any soft surface. If you want to use it on your lap you should purchase an "iLap"

:D

That's ridiculous and obsessive.
I shouldn't have to buy an accessory just to enjoy my laptop.
I've never had trouble with my MBP, and I'm barely ever at a desk.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.