Future of the iPhone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
A good article with speculation on where the iPhone can go.

Personally, I really like the quote from this article:

AT&T is like an overweight slob that's been given a chance to date a supermodel; if it doesn't shape up soon, it'll be easily replaced.

To be honest, it's my complete dislike of AT&T that makes me not want an iPhone at the moment. In a few years when it's available for T-mobile...then I'll jump. :)

http://money.cnn.com/2007/07/03/mag...at_next.biz2/index.htm?postversion=2007070609

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
If the iPhone was on Verizon then i would ALREADY have one. One of the reasons i dont have a iPhone yet is because its on AT&T. A carrier that doesnt have good service in New York. However, i must say that as the days go on i want a iPhone more and more. Maybe for xmas ill sacrifice good service for a hot phone.

Reaction score
To be honest, it's my complete dislike of AT&T that makes me not want an iPhone at the moment. In a few years when it's available for T-mobile...then I'll jump. :)

funny you should say that, T-Mobile's network is not that big and they rely on the Cingular /AT&T network to provide additional coverage where they dont have towers.

Same goes for AT&T, they use some of T-Mobiles towers , but not nearly as many as what T-Mobile uses from Cingular /AT&T

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
funny you should say that, T-Mobile's network is not that big and they rely on the Cingular /AT&T network to provide additional coverage where they dont have towers.

Same goes for AT&T, they use some of T-Mobiles towers , but not nearly as many as what T-Mobile uses from Cingular /AT&T

Why is that funny? T-Mo has outstanding coverage in urban areas which is where 99% of people live. They mainly rely on roaming in rural areas.

And if you really knew AT&T's native coverage (or Verizon's for that matter) it's really not much better. And as you noted AT&T also relies on T-Mobile.

In the end who cares? All of them let you roam for free :)

The big difference for me is that T-mo has way better plans for the price and much, much better customer service. And to be honest, in urban areas where most carriers' coverage is about the same, customer service is the key differentiator.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.