• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What is your gaming preference?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15'' Macbook Pro, 17'' Intel iMac, 80gb iPod classic
Now I don't want this to turn into everybody fighting over which gaming console is better, but I want to see what you guys prefer:

Console gaming or computer gaming.

Personally I prefer using my computer for computerish things, and using my 360 for gaming. This is one reason why I don't mind that Macs don't have as big of a selection of games as PCs, because I prefer the feel of a control over a mouse and keyboard when killing Nazis.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
FPS on a computer, anything else on a console.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
yea, fps on the comp, and rts. but everything else is much better on a console.

OP
hobs707
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmm I've never really played FPS's on a computer.

What makes them better?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
mouse and keyboard is far superior to a gamepad for FPS.

OP
hobs707
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mouse and keyboard is far superior to a gamepad for FPS.

Why? I've never tried it so I'm not saying your wrong. Just wondering.

Reaction score
same here. playing a FPS on the comp is easier since you can use the mouse to aim, and customize buttons to suit your preference to do everything else. Unlike on most console FPS's where you have to choose from a set selection of setups on the controller, which despite all the fancy pressure sensitive buttons, joysticks, tilt-sensors and vibrators they throw into the thing I still don't have QWERASDFZXC, Shift, Ctrl, Alt, and Space to choose from. :|

On the same token, I'd much rather play Madden or Need for Speed on a console.

Reaction score
FPS on a computer, anything else on a console.

Yup, same here.

FPS is way better on a computer. You're way too limited as far as aim and movement go on console. I'm so used to computer FPS that I can't play FPS on a console.

Reaction score
Yup, same here.

FPS is way better on a computer. You're way too limited as far as aim and movement go on console. I'm so used to computer FPS that I can't play FPS on a console.

Yep, I tried to play Halo on the Xbox...

I was pwned.:Blushing:

Reaction score
Yeah, same here. I remember when I 1st got xbox a few years ago and played halo w/ my friend who loves FPS as well. We were both like how the **** do u play FPS w/ a controller. Needless to say we both sucked. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I only play FPS, so I prefer computer. Other than 3D environment games like FPS or those games like WoW, Warcraft, Starcraft (don't know what you call those type of games) I think a console/controller setup would be best.

As far as FPS on console vs. gamepad, I agree that there is much more ability to control in a 3D environment and have much more options with a keyboard. Someone who hasn't played either would have a learning curve on both, but would probably learn the computer way better and faster because we all use computers anyway and are accustomed to the feel/movement of a mouse. I tried a console FPS, but I just don't see ever being as accurate with a console controller as I am with a mouse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ipod video 30 gb/ Macbook Pro 2.2...... iphone up next i know
FPS with the computer rules. You can not compare the online game play of a computer to console. The computer is far superior with online play compared to the console. However sports games (ex Madden, 2K7...) are best on consoles.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
My Xbox 360 is my primary gaming source... I used to be hardcore into PC gaming.. I admit it, but the 360 replaced it completely.. I use my Mac for computer things.. Other than Homeworld2 ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
They both have their places. I play strategy and first-person games on the desktop, and racing games on the PSP. Certain game styles suit certain hardware, IMO. My current time-wasters are Sid Meier's Pirates and TOCA Race Driver on PSP, Oblivion on the iMac. I wouldn't want to play any of them on the other hardware.

OP
hobs707
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
They both have their places. I play strategy and first-person games on the desktop, and racing games on the PSP. Certain game styles suit certain hardware, IMO. My current time-wasters are Sid Meier's Pirates and TOCA Race Driver on PSP, Oblivion on the iMac. I wouldn't want to play any of them on the other hardware.

Ha ha, wow. the PSP? I have one and I can't stand it. The controls are awful I thought.

Oh well to each his own i suppose :Smirk:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.