Windows on Mac

Reaction score
Ok, so i am a new member here on the forums and have a simple question that is hard to find the answer to.

Is it possible to run windows XP OR windows 200 on the macbook with the intel processor, WITHOUT OSX WHATSOEVER.

I spent a great deal of time searching for the answer of this, but all that would come up would be info on running both os's together.

I'm stumped...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
i'm wondering why you would even want to do that?:S

if you just wanted to run windows, why not just get a pc?

and windows 200?:p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
First of all Welcome to the Forums

This question has been asked and answered probably a million times around here.

But I have to ask ya WHY? If you going to run XP or 2000 on a Mac, why not just go out and buy a dell or a Gateway.

I believe some of the answers the comes to mind is you can use boot camp and make the partition for Windows XP the larger partition than OSX.

I also think that you can have Windows running without OS X, but I am not 100% sure, and it would be heart breaking!

But seriously, why would you buy a Mac to run WINDOWS only?!

OP
Reaction score
ok guys, first i HAVE the macbook already, so i'm not going to go buy any NEW pc laptops. I want to run windows in order to take advantage of newsgroups AND use the macbook as my TUNING PC for my car.

So no more questions about why.

And no bootcamp. Bootcamp HAS OSX, and i don't want to even deal with partitions and such. IS that impossible?!?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 10.4.8, G4 "Graphite" 10.4.8
I dont believe so. Besides, thats like putting a 70s VW beetle engine in a Ferrari Enzo...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
you could always just try throwin' in a windows disc and see what happens?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.