Windows & Mac Networking

T

Toniee

Hey,

This is my first post of this site, this is the best forum for MAC i've seen. Okay, my question is this, will the AirPort Extreme card work as a client computer in a Windows network with A Linksys Router? Can the internet be shared if the Windows computer is the host? What can't I do with a Windows/MAC network? I want to purchase an G4 iBook soon and want these questions answered.

Thanks
Tony ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You can use airport extreme with a linksys router with no configuration neccesary. Not sure what you mean by have the windows computer as the host since you have the router.

I can't think of anything you can do with a Win/Mac network that you can't do with a windows/windows network

OP
T

Toniee

trpnmonkey41 said:
You can use airport extreme with a linksys router with no configuration neccesary. Not sure what you mean by have the windows computer as the host since you have the router.

I can't think of anything you can do with a Win/Mac network that you can't do with a windows/windows network

Thanks for the reply, I'm just trying to share my DSL connection with my iBook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
well since you said you have a router you can use the wireless with no problem or just plug into the router and it will work fine that way.

OP
T

Toniee

I questioned because it was 2 different OS and 2 different networking hardware brands. It's all clear now. Thanks again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.