• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Free Fullscreen for Quicktime

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro, 30Gb ipod video, and python
Hey guys, I was messing around with Applescript via Quicktime and I came across a code that enabled Quicktime to be fullscreen. Thought maybe someone would like to know! Here it is:

Tell application "Quicktime Player"
present front movie scale screen
end tell

Enjoy!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
Or just download VLC player and use that to view movies in full screen. ;)

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yea, you could use that but vlc gives a standard interface for GUI for widgets, but this code will back track the current command and enable you to use HR for your app. But the only DS is that once you put the code in you can only up load it once and when you quit app Quicktime, you have to re due the code. It sucks I know, but it beats spending 20-30 dollars on a vlc device. The code is free.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yea, but I don't want to download an app for quicktime and the code that i put in does not take up any of my hd.

tam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 ghz blac-book
umm... videolan is free...

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
o, I guess it is shareware. free.fr! Sorry, I suppose it isn't 20-30 dollars. But why is it baesd on unix characterists but there is not any unix codes in it's interface. is the QoS o.k. or is it just another of those one hit wonders. I guess it has to be good if it is based on the GNU projects you know. My apologizes on the recent reply I should of known that Videolan was free.fr.:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.