Microsoft User Data Folder... go away!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
Why can't I take this folder out of my "Documents" folder? I've tried moving it into the Microsoft Office Folder. I've even tried sending it to the trash. And it still comes back into the "Documents" folder. Any help?

Let me see if I can answer my own question. Is it because the "Documents" folder is my default save to folder for Office? If this is so, what's the best way to move this file elsewhere?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
In my experience quite a few apps like to clutter up the 'documents' folder with their default settings or cache folders.

Mine now contains Roxio converted items, Quicken backup folder, adobe help center etc etc.

So instead of trying to keep it clean, I've created a separate folder that I use for my real 'documents'. It's a bit of a clutzy workaround, but those folders and files are normally re-created everytime you start the application that created them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.