• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Supply of iMacs low?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle
I read some where in another thread that the supply of iMacs is low... is this confirmed? And does that usually mean they are trying to get rid of the current supply (hence the iPod promo and printer promo) so they can release newer ones?? Grr.. how long is it going to be?? (rhetorical question)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM + 20" ACD
iPod and printer promos happen every year at and around back-to-school. I got a free printer and my dad got an iPod when I got my iMac about eleven months ago. (He was paying tax, and I already had an iPod that was pretty new.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
iMacs are built to order, so it is impossible for them to be out of or low in stock.

Reaction score
iMacs are built to order, so it is impossible for them to be out of or low in stock.

Yes, so when you go to your local apple store and ask for an imac, they run into the back slap one together for you, package it up and hand it to you all in about 2 minutes. I gotta say, that's pretty amazing.

If I remember correctly, other times when people on here have posted that a computer was low in stock at the apple store a new model was released not too far after.

Smeshy :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

Well, not really. Go to anywhere apart from the Apple website and the majority of resellers are out of stock.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
iMacs are indeed built to order but ONLY on custom specs (excluding ram upgrades). If you go to a store and ask for an imac with everything on it, more than likely they are going to forward that order thru to china. Stock imacs are built in large quantities, shipped to outlets etc along with basic upgrades like ram which the stores can then plug themselves.
Alex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, not really. Go to anywhere apart from the Apple website and the majority of resellers are out of stock.

Well thats what i DONT do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
What, you buy new Macs regularly?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.