• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I Went Skydiving!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
I recomend it to everyone.
I am a very, very fearful person- of everything! and for some reason, i barely even got nervous... the place i went was totally cool and all the people were awesome! If you are ever in the seattle area they have been doing this for 54 years (or something...) and it is a BEAUTIFUL view. I can't wait to do it again and in other states!!!!!

You can pay an extra $90 to get the whole thing filmed, from the ground to the plane back down to the ground, but that was a bit much after spending 250 for the jump. But by complete coincidence a videographer that needed in-flight practice picked my tandem parter and I to film! he sent me two pictures last night (that i soooo recieved via mac mail on my iPhone)

Skydive1.jpg

skydive2.jpg

After: I was so pumped!!! And alive!!!

IMG_0288.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D, 2 Gig.
Congratulations!! woot wot!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
There's a place about half an hour away from where I live that does this.

There's not way in * that I'll ever do that. My friends think I'm a little nuerotic as they say I'm crazy for jumping on a bike and doing over 150mph but I won't get any where near a plane that they plan on pushing me out of.

I tell them that I can stop the bike when ever I choose and I have control over it. The ground decides when I stop when sky diving and I'm not on good terms with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Ambivalent, Congrats w00t w00t.

Glade you have fun.

Reaction score
Nice. I LOVE skydiving. I'm trying to get my license because I'd love to go on my own and the jumps are cheaper. I went a few times when I lived in CA. The highest I've been is 18k feet. They actually give you a mask w/ an air tank haha.

I remember reading the waiver before you head out. The most memorable items on that list were the ones that talked about death and failure of the equipment. Still, it's awesome and I enjoyed it. I mean if it's my time to go, then so be it. :D I recommend it to anyone. It's the most fun I've ever had.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I have always wanted to go but all the places I have called you can't be over 210lbs. I went bungee jumping in vegas once and that was a blast! 170 feet up with a huge rubber band tied to your feet. Jump and pray!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Congrats!! Looks like a lot of fun and ˆ hope to try it someday. If I were to do something death-defying, I think I'd rather sky-dive than bungee jump. What does it take to go solo? I didn't know a license was required!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Wow that is so cool ambivalent. Ha ha ha ha!!! That's great. Congratulations!!!! ^_^

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
That's awesome! I'd like to try it I think.

P.s. Nice choice of shoes ;)

Reaction score
I wanna do that............

I wonder is my apartment window high enough? :)

OP
ambivalent
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
haha at the place i went you go 25 times tandem and then go by yourself, or you can static line which has no freefall just the second you jump out your chute opens, which you can do alone. Im going for my license as well, its going to be SWEEEEEEET

jotdess, its in snohomish- have you been?

http://www.skydivesnohomish.com/

Oh and DITTO on the rather skydive then bungee jump. you couldnt paaaay me to bungee jump. no waaay!

Reaction score
haha at the place i went you go 25 times tandem and then go by yourself, or you can static line which has no freefall just the second you jump out your chute opens, which you can do alone. Im going for my license as well, its going to be SWEEEEEEET

jotdess, its in snohomish- have you been?

http://www.skydivesnohomish.com/

Oh and DITTO on the rather skydive then bungee jump. you couldnt paaaay me to bungee jump. no waaay!

Cool deal. I'll have to go for sure. :D The weather is pretty nice so maybe I'll go next week or something. I don't want to do static line. I'd love to go on like a 40k jump haha. I'd probably soil myself, but it would be worth it hahaha.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
It would've been totally worth it if you had it taped. I'm sure we at Mac-Forums would've contributed to see you scream!

OP
ambivalent
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
oooooooh well im going again on August 5th!! maybe ill throw down the bills to have it taped. hehe :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Now, you're hooked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5ghz Penryn MBP, 4 Gb Ram, 512mb 8600M GT, 250gb HDD & Black 30gb iPod, Black 16gb iPhone 3G
ive been skydiving, was so much fun.
it was a present for my 21st, and we got it for my brother for his 30th, so i get to see how he goes with it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.