• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Cable to Connect Mac to TV

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Anyone know what cable would do this?

It depends on what kind of inputs your TV has. Can you give us a bit of information about what brand/make/model and type of TV you're using?

OP
B
Reaction score
I've got a new macbook, with red/yellow/white composite terminals for the tv. Hope that helps.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've got a new macbook, with red/yellow/white composite terminals for the tv. Hope that helps.

I believe this is what you're looking for. You will also need something like this to connect the headphone jack to your RCA stereo inputs (red and white jacks), although you can probably find something cheaper elsewhere.

Reaction score
I too am looking for the appropriate cable that I can connect my MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo to my Sony Bravia. Would the one you linked also be the right one?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I too am looking for the appropriate cable that I can connect my MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo to my Sony Bravia. Would the one you linked also be the right one?

It depends on what kind of inputs your TV has. Take a look at the manual for your TV and see what the options are for a PC connection. Most higher-end TVs like the Bravia have a DVI or a HDMI connection. The original poster was looking for a simple composite connector, which would be very low quality.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
The inputs might also be labeled, which would save you some time. You want to look for either VGA, DVI or HDMI connections.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 inch nvidia 6gb ram, 13 in MacBook pro 320gb 4 gb ram, iPad 16 gb 3G, iPhone 4 Verizon 16g
To hook to a hdmi, I bought this Click! and it will be used with a apple MDP to dvi.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.