how to transfer iPhone SIM to another phone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D, 2 Gig.
i have an extra gsm phone and would like to use the SIM from the iPhone.
i dont want to take my iPhone with me whenever i go hiking or biking or carry iPhone out on my outdoor activities, that is why im wondering if we, iPhone owners can actually do that, to protect our investment.

Reaction score
if im right its just a regular sim card and being that if your regular cell phone is cingular or AT&T then you should be able to just pop it in your cell phone and go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Correct, you can use your iPhone SIM in another phone, but you can't use a SIm from another activated phone in the iPhone. A lot of people on other forums have done this with no problems.

You should be fine.

Reaction score
Correct, you can use your iPhone SIM in another phone, but you can't use a SIm from another activated phone in the iPhone.
What if the SIM card is Cingular/AT&T SIM card, but not the one included with the iPhone (eg from previous plan/prepaid). Will those work on the iPhone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
iPhone owner's manual
"Removing the sim Card
If you need to send your iphone in for service or if you want to loan your iphone to someone and you still want to be able to make calls, you may be able to use the sim card inside iphone with another gsm phone."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.