• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple and Nintendo go together, or is that a silly assumption.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 2ghz Dual Processor, 12" Scrolling TrackPad Powerbook
Hello all,

I'm not sure if this is right, but as a Mac user and a long time fan of Nintendo, am I right in assuming that you other Mac users out there are also fans of the fun and joy only Nintendo seems to be able to provide with the DS and Wii?

If the answer is yes then would you all be the wonderful, fun loving people that I know you are and help me out.

I had an idea about a year ago to get DS owners of the world to unite and arrange random mass gatherings of players all around the world for big multiplayer sessions in pubs, clubs, train stations, underground networks, libraries, wherever.

However a year ago I had no idea how I would organise such a thing, but the wonder of Web 2.0 has changed this.

So if you own a DS, have a facebook profile and you're up for some Nintendo gaming shenanigans, please go join my group:

NINTENDO DS is not for kids

Thanks.

The Luu ^_^

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
from what i've seen here, most gamers on this site play xbox mostly, though there are some of us who choose not to be platform specific.

i do have a DS (and a ps2), i am on facebook, but i don't join platform specific game groups. i am however a member of the "Facebook's Video Gamers" group.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 " iMac Core2Duo, 2GHz Processor, 1 Gig of RAM, Mac OS X 10.5.3
I'll join. At the moment I only have Pokemon Diamond.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 80GB Video iPod (Black)
I have a MacBook and a WII. They just seem to go so well together. The WII is also innovative and forward thinking, which is similar to how the Mac is.

I love my WII. True, it hasn't got the graphics that the XBox 360 or PS3 have, but it is a lot cheaper and a lot more fun and innovative way of game play. It is natural for things to improve in quality and capacity like HD DVDs, but I don't really see it as anything special or innovative.

The WII is also great for people who don't usually play games. I never used to play on consoles, apart from to kick some PLEASE PUT MY HAIR IN CURLERS AND BOWS on GTA on the PS2, but I find myself playing on the WII all the time.

The same can be said of Macs. I actually enjoy using computers now with my Mac and I can just get work done much more quickly so I can do other stuff rather than staring at the screen all evening cursing my computer.

Reaction score
I've got a MBP, Wii, DS, and an XBox 360. I find that I play the DS more than anything since I'm on the road alot. I particularly like MarioKart and BrainAge. When I'm home I'm playing PaperMario and Wii sports (part of my daily workout)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
black Macbook--2.16 Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 gb SDRAM, 160 gb HDD
I have Xbox 360 and DS Lite, sold my Wii--no games for hardcore gamers like me (already beat Zelda, Super Paper Mario, and DBZ: BT2)

if they can give some SOLID RELEASE DATES for Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, and Smash Brothers Brawl--I'll get another 1 (my cousin works for Gamestop so I can get another 1 pretty easily)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.