iPhone's iPod quality in your car

Reaction score
I am curious on people's experiences with using the iPhone in your car; specifically the iPod portion (not handsfree). Please post your reviews on how it sounded in your car with your current accessories whether that be a FM transmitter, direct interface with an aftermarket stereo, direct interface with factory stereos, or direct connect via an AUX port. Thanks!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I'm actually interested in knowing how the FM transmitters work

Reaction score
I plugged mine into my friends Alpine deck, and my iPhone said something like "unknown accessory plugged into the iPhone" and the deck said "Error."

Now, it still played my music, in shuffle, and didn't let me change songs, haha. But! It sounded phenomenal, hahaha. =] Can't wait until they come out with iPhone supported car stereo accessories..

Reaction score
First off, I really have to say that I love this little device. I really have very few concerns and even fewer complaints. I am posting using my phone right now!

I constantly use my iPod and now my iPhone in my car. My 30 pim charger could not be recognized by my iphone. I also had to but a belkin adaptor for the headphone jack since the jack is recessed into the body of the iPhone just a bit. Hopefully,apple will issue an update so my charger can be recognized, but I bet that I will have to buy a new one

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB 2.6 Ghz, 4 GB ram
I'm curious about the iPhone and the Kenwood adapter myself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
I have a pioneer deck with the iPod interface and control cable. Plugging it in I got the unsupported device message asking if I would like to turn off wireless. I didn't, and the sound quality was still great. The deck could see all playlists, artists, etc. Very nice.

Reply posted from my iPhone. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.