Performance Utilities

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.2ghz 2gb DDR2 8600gt w/ 128mb vram
What are some of the utilities mac os x has built in so that i can keep it in tip top running shape?

Like windows has disk cleanup and disk defragmenter, so whats mac os x got so i can keep it in good running condition?

Also how do i make boot camp boot up on mac os x primarily because everytime i turn on the computer it wants to go straight to windows, but i don't want to. I want to go to mac os x. Now hows i do that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
What are some of the utilities mac os x has built in so that i can keep it in tip top running shape?

Like windows has disk cleanup and disk defragmenter, so whats mac os x got so i can keep it in good running condition?

You don't need to do anything. Mac OS X has utilities that run regularly to keep it in good running condition without your intervention. Most of them run overnight. It's really a UNIX OS, and does not require disk defragmentation by virtue of its design.

Also how do i make boot camp boot up on mac os x primarily because everytime i turn on the computer it wants to go straight to windows, but i don't want to. I want to go to mac os x. Now hows i do that?

Someone else will chime in on this one. I use Parallels to run Windows and don't do the BootCamp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2 GBs Ram, 250gb My Book, 500gb Lacie,40gb 3rd Gen ipod,60gb ipod video
You can use mainmenu and onyx to run maintenance scripts.

I used to run bootcamp and from what I remember you go to system preferences and you can assign which boots up first from there.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.2ghz 2gb DDR2 8600gt w/ 128mb vram
Thanks red, that worked. Now everytime i turn on my computer it goes straight to os x.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You don't need to do anything. Mac OS X has utilities that run regularly to keep it in good running condition without your intervention. Most of them run overnight.
And to clarify, these will only run if the computer is left on, not in sleep mode. The maintenance scripts are set to run between the hours of 3:00 AM and 5:00 AM (as determined by your machine's time zone setting).

Reaction score
You can get highly accurate performance data from the terminal from "top" command (without quotes)

That can help you pinpoint any bottlenecks that have developed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.