? about iPhoto and sharing photos via email

Reaction score
I'm new to iPhoto (version 6.0.5) and I just downloaded my first batch of photos. Silly question but is the only way to see the jpg number by clicking on the photo and getting info on it? Seems like sort of a pain.

Next question, how do you all like to share your photos with friends.
I used to attach the photos to my emails but I'm thinking of going the
snapfish or shutterfly way now. I know iPhoto has the emailing option but I'm using Yahoo email so I don't think it works with that.
Thanks for the advice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
If you don't want to email from within iPhoto, choose the photos you want to send, and use the "export" functon to export them to your desktop. Then attach to an email from there. For sharing without emailing, how about iWeb? Built right in!

Why do you care what the .jpeg number is? Using iPhoto, the name that gets emailed will be the one you give it from within the app. You don't need the .jpeg number.

Whatever you do, now and in the future, if you are going to use iPhoto, stay out of the iPhoto Library in the finder. Do anything and everything that you want to do to your photos from within the app itself. You will cause damage to your library if you mess with the finder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.