• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Wierdest thing someone has said to you on the street?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I was thinking with all the iPhone folks waiting patiently in the street to get their hands on one, they must encountering some of the strange folks who walk the streets and hearing some interesting things. I thought it would be fun to hear your Strangest Stranger Street Story.

When I lived in Florida, I worked right on Fort Lauderdale Beach. In the morning I would sit on the wall along the beach and drink my coffee while watching the sun rise over the water (a great way to start your day!). Once an old man, obviously homeless, came up to me and said in a very grizzled voice, "hey man, can you tell me how to get to the beach?" The only response I could muster, standing right next to the sand, was "no, I have no idea where it is." He just walked away.

Later I thought that maybe it was some street code for drugs or something. If not, I'm hoping he eventually collapsed to the right and landed in the sand to end his search.

Anyone else have an interesting encounter?

Edit: pardon my poor spelling

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
a homeless person once asked me..

"Hey, can you spare 68 cents? My cat has a hole in it."

Still makes me laugh for no reason. :D

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
nah... nevermind, i was going to post the oddest thing any stranger ever said to me, but i don't think i can get away with the language even though there are no swears. there goes three minutes of my life. oh well, sorry!

Reaction score
Once I was walking back from a ballgame with my girlfriend. I lived about 1 mile from the ballpark, which is why we were walking. On the way back she had to go into a gas station to use the ladies room. While I was waiting outside I had the following coversation with a homeless guy:

(When you read this, imagine the homeless guy as Tommy Chong, that's exactly how he sounded and looked.)

Him: Hey man
Me: Hi
Him: Hows it goin?
Me: Alright man, just heading home. How bout yourself?
Him: I'm good man, just workin.
Me: Yeah? So what do you do for a living?
Him: I'm unemployed. (I swear the guy was a homeless Big Lebowski fan.)
Me: Right.
Him: Hey man, your girlfriend's pretty hot.
Me: Thanks
Him: You mind if I take a stab at her?
Me: What?!
Him: You know man, a stab, do you guys swing?
Me: Not with strangers.
Him: Well then let's go get a drink man.

At that point I decided I'd go wait for her inside. He was gone when we came out, thank god. Otherwise I'da had to open a can on him. Definately one of the stranger things that ever happened to me.

Just remembered, one other time I was in Austin (the strangest city in the U.S. I swear) and I actually met the transsexual who runs for mayor every year. I'm completely drawing a blank on his/her name right now, I was drunk and it was on a public bus. But yeah, that was strange too. Leslie maybe. Apparently it's a big deal down there and everyone knows, or knows of, this person. I thought it was quite an honor to meet...it. Un fortunately I don't remember the conversation.

Reaction score
Just remembered, one other time I was in Austin (the strangest city in the U.S. I swear) and I actually met the transsexual who runs for mayor every year. I'm completely drawing a blank on his/her name right now, I was drunk and it was on a public bus. But yeah, that was strange too. Leslie maybe. Apparently it's a big deal down there and everyone knows, or knows of, this person. I thought it was quite an honor to meet...it. Un fortunately I don't remember the conversation.

Leslie Cochran. I have hered of this person before.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.