iPhone In Line Now Thread

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8GB iPhone, MacBook Pro (15",2.33 C2D), MacBook (2.0 C2D), 4 iPods (20GB, Mini, Nano, Shuffle)
Is it time to start the Who's In Line At The Moment for the iPhone thread? I didn't see one formed yet.

I'm in line in Cincinnati, tenth or so in line at the Apple Store...mooching off the the store's wireless network.

http://twitter.com/chrisainsworth

Who else is out there in line and online...?

--C. A.

mi6

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 2gig ram
i will be at the mac store 530-600 in Arizona time...
just to see...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Congrats man! That's pretty exciting :) Be sure to post right away about how cool it is!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
While not in line, I was at the Apple Store at Tysons Corner in McLean, VA at lunch time today. I posted about it in the Bar & Grill thread, but in summary there were probably 50 people in line. That was at noon; it's now 12:53PM here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
xtophercaa,

Dude good luck, post pictures and let us know how awesome it is.

Cheers

OP
xtophercaa
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8GB iPhone, MacBook Pro (15",2.33 C2D), MacBook (2.0 C2D), 4 iPods (20GB, Mini, Nano, Shuffle)
So far, in Cincinnati at least, a pretty good camaraderie has been established. Already, I've got some tech support for my iTunes from someone two down in line. I saw a demo of Leopard from someone running the beta a few more down in line. Talked World Of Warcraft with someone playing it on his MBP just a few more down in line. And I'm next to the bloggers from Ars Technica. Oh, and the evening news interviewed me, and someone from an iPhone podcast interviewed a bunch of us too. It has made the morning (got here at 8:30 a.m.) go by pretty fast.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I feel bad for the people who started camping days ago. Most places only have about 20 people in line as of this morning with the exception of NYC which has 100 I believe. Supposedly the AT&T stores have very few, if any, people lining up!

I think I'll cruise over to the Apple store just before 6 to see the madness unfold. I'm going to leave my credit cards at home, just to make sure I don't get swept up in it!!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I feel bad for the people who started camping days ago. Most places only have about 20 people in line as of this morning with the exception of NYC which has 100 I believe. Supposedly the AT&T stores have very few, if any, people lining up!

I think I'll cruise over to the Apple store just before 6 to see the madness unfold. I'm going to leave my credit cards at home, just to make sure I don't get swept up in it!!

My local paper reported long lines at the AT&T stores around town. We have no real Apple store here so maybe that is why.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
OoOoOoO How exciting! :D

Reaction score
I called the apple store in lenox square, and the employee told me that there where 300 people in line. However, she said that there would definitively be plenty left over for tomorrow... No reason for me to camp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
geez guys seriously? Im at work till 330... Do i really need to get in line?
there are multiple at&t stores and at least 4 apple stores in my area (seattle)
im worried- im going to be so sad if they sell out.... is that really going to happen? The only anticipated apple release i was around for was tiger and that was no where near this.

and when the world of warcraft expansion came out- everrrryone said it was going to sell out and we got it at midnight the day before and then the next day at fred meyer they had like 200 copys.

its killing me! worrying about selling out. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
the appple store wouldnt tell me anything "we have no idea how many we are getting" "we have no idea how many people are coming"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
My cousin is standing in line, I'm gonna go over his house later tonight to play with it :p

Reaction score
Man, it'd be much easier for people in the iPhone line to update their status if they had an iPhone. Oh, wait....

OP
xtophercaa
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The Cincinnati paper is currently reporting 70 or so in line here. Won't be TOO much longer now. It's been kinda fun. Sure, I'd rather be doing something else...but it's cool.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
This kind of reminds me of how my mom and I stand in line at 4:30am at target or something the day after Thanksgiving :D It gets rather insane but it's fun at the same time.

Reaction score
Being as there's only 2 Apple stores near here, I'm going to an at&t store. I drove by the one I want to get mine from and there wasn't anybody there. Hopefully it stays that way. ;)

Ambivolent, you should hit up the AT&T stores. I'm going to the one near Woodinville or Bellevue if I'm too lazy to drive in traffic. Don't go to the Apple store. People I know have gone to the one near UofW and in Bellevue and say there are alot of people waiting. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2GHz Core Duo. 16Gb iPod Touch
sssooooooooooo??? common someone report!

OP
xtophercaa
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There are at least 100 people in line here for the Apple Store in Cincinnati. Nothing really new...there are a lot of people walking up, seeing the line, and turning around and leaving (presumably to an AT&T Store).

There are also a lot of goofy questions from passersby. Like:

"Are you in line for the iPhone? Are you going to buy one?"

Ummmm...no...I'm picking up my Newton that was sent out for repairs. Of course I'm getting one...why would I be in line?

But those questions are few and far between really. Everyone has been pretty nice to us "squatters."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.