• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iPhone Conspiracy Thread

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
From the CNet Newswire...

Power outage knocks out NYC subway line
Posted by Caroline McCarthy
(Credit: Wikimedia Commons)

A power outage, possibly related to the sweltering heat, has knocked out one of New York City's most heavily trafficked subway lines as well as some lights in the boroughs of Manhattan and the Bronx. The outage, which apparently began around 3:40 PM EDT, affected the 4, 5, and 6 subway lines (the green line), the D line, and power in nearby areas of Manhattan and the Bronx near Yankee Stadium. There's no word on when power will be restored yet.

The Metropolitan Transit Authority's Web site, meanwhile, is timing out, probably due to the overload of hits.

Put on your tinfoil hats, folks: the green line can take you from 59th St. and Lexington Avenue, just a few blocks from the midtown Apple Store. It can also take you to Spring St. and Lafayette St., in close proximity to the SoHo Apple Store on Prince St. That means that the artery connecting one Apple Store to the next has essentially been severed, so iPhone fanatics may find their travel plans stunted.

Which leads us to this totally obvious conclusion: Did Bill Gates shut down the subway?

If so, he missed something: the R train will take you to essentially the same location at 59th St., and even closer to the Apple Store in SoHo. Looks like a "security flaw" in his nefarious plot. Better patch it, Microsoft.

;) ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
LMAO

Thats funny... Bill Gates Shutting down the subway. Good One

Thanks for sharing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Haha, that's great :p

OP
MikeYMS
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
but that's a microsoft thing...they would forget that there are cabs...bikes...spiderman...etc. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1st mac: iMac G4 1 GB RAM 80 GB HD. 2nd mac: iMac G3 (OS X Tiger) 20 GB HD 128 MB RAM
bikes, cabs, spiderman... regular stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
In all seriousness, that probably caused heck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Oh my gosh, those poor New Yorkers. I'm just a couple hours over in Connecticut and the heat is death here, even though it's evening. I mean I broke a sweat walking from the parking lot to my front door!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 2.8ghz Macbook Pro, 32GB iPhone 4
Oh my gosh, those poor New Yorkers. I'm just a couple hours over in Connecticut and the heat is death here, even though it's evening. I mean I broke a sweat walking from the parking lot to my front door!

You should try the weather here in Ft. Lauderdale/Miami ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
In all seriousness, that probably caused heck

It did. I was on my way to Times Square and the train i was on went out of service. People were panicking because it was hot yesterday. However, since the blackout was in Manhattan the problem was fixed quickly. If it was Brooklyn, Queens or the Bronx the blackout would have stayed for hours.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.