• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

So who's camping out for an iPhone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
Heh.

The boss just assigned one of our employees here to go get in line for him on Friday morning...anyone else planning on getting in line a little early for an iPhone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
Nope, I'm sticking with my Treo 650 As I have Verizon. If Apple would have went with them I might look into getting one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Waiting for rev 2. Anxious to read your blog entry though :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 2.8ghz Macbook Pro, 32GB iPhone 4
Mall and the Apple Store it houses open at 10am.

I will be arriving at 9am.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I have a friend who's planning on camping out for an iPhone. :D

As for me, I just started my contract with AT&T, so maybe when my contract is up in 2 years I may consider the iPhone.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Nope, I'm sticking with my Treo 650 As I have Verizon. If Apple would have went with them I might look into getting one.

I don't blame you. Been there and done that with AT&T. They'd have to provide some incentive far greater than a nice gadget like the iPhone to win me back. If it were free with a contract, I might have to consider it, otherwise...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have a friend who's planning on camping out for an iPhone. :D

As for me, I just started my contract with AT&T, so maybe when my contract is up in 2 years I may consider the iPhone.

It would just be another 2-year contract for you.

You don't have to be up for a phone upgrade.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
I might camp out with a couple of my friends. The only reason we would do it is because we're crazy college guys. I'm perfectly fine with ordering it online and waiting but the camping part might be fun haha.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I might camp out with a couple of my friends. The only reason we would do it is because we're crazy college guys. I'm perfectly fine with ordering it online and waiting but the camping part might be fun haha.

Exactly.

Plus I'm leaving for NYC, Boston, NH, and Ohio this coming week, so I wouldn't mind having my iPhone to fool around with while traveling.

OP
MikeYMS
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Waiting for rev 2. Anxious to read your blog entry though :D

I'm anxious to write about it...I won't get to see the phone until Monday morning likely...so there won't be any news til then. The boss is reviewing it for a Japanese Mac magazine...and we're going to see about finding a way to get the iPhone to some folks in Japan who want it REALLY bad (even without phone service...go figure). :)

Reaction score
I'm going to try and get it, but if I don't no biggie. I was going to wait until v2, but I'm too impatient and impulsive for that matter. ;)

OP
MikeYMS
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well another idea is that we'll get them from the apple store...1-2 copies if possible. You might even see one for sale on our site! :D Wouldn't that freak people out ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
t'would freak me out :O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
I'm anxious to write about it...I won't get to see the phone until Monday morning likely...so there won't be any news til then. The boss is reviewing it for a Japanese Mac magazine...and we're going to see about finding a way to get the iPhone to some folks in Japan who want it REALLY bad (even without phone service...go figure). :)

lol...be sure to tell them that not even the iPod works unless you activate the phone! ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Well, I'm in the UK so am likely to get asked to "Move along" if I start camping out now. Good luck to anyone here who is planning on getting one and I hope to hear about it soon!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
So are these things going to show up on eBay like the PS3 and Wii did?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
I won't be camping out, but I will get in line after work on Friday. I don't expect it to be that bad in my Town.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Matt, will you be going to the Apple store or to an AT&T store?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Matt, will you be going to the Apple store or to an AT&T store?

The closest Apple Store to me is in Glendale (about 13-14 miles away) and there is an AT&T store about a mile away from me. So I will be trying the AT&T store. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.