80 gig iPhone??

Reaction score
yup i seen that too
Picture1-4.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
That's gotta be a mistake, it's obvious they were using an 80 gig iPod at that point.

Reaction score
Steve probably loaned them his iPhone for the sync..

don't ya know.
You've got to believe the iPhone is so named and released in it's current barely affordable size simply to get a phone device on the market. This is ultimately Steve Job's realization of years of planning toward a pocket computing and communications device. I would venture to say that Apple Apps as well as 3rd party Apps and others will within a very short time transform the "iPhone" into a pocket computer that just happens to be the best phone around also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
haha - well spotted.

I noticed that loads of images show the phone at 9.42 as well - is it permanently 9.42 in Cupertino?

Reaction score
I don't think they would ever make an iPhone with that much space because then they would take away from the iPod sales cause why have an iPod when you can have an Ipod and a phone put together?

Reaction score
I don't think they would ever make an iPhone with that much space because then they would take away from the iPod sales cause why have an iPod when you can have an Ipod and a phone put together?

Different markets.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2GB RAM, 7600GT
Different markets.

And twice the price. Some people only want an MP3 player, and someone who wants JUST and MP3 player cretainly doesn't want to pay $600 for one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Different markets.

Not necessarily. I strongly believe it's the reason why we're not seeing any widescreen iPods right now. Apple has some genius hardware designers. How hard would it be to strip down the software for iPod only, rip out the phone hardware and camera and stuff in more flash?

Hopefully they'll make up for it with even greater iPod innovations and feature that make it more valuable and further differentiate the two products.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.