Function key mapping issue

Reaction score
Hey all,

I recently got a MacbookPro - loving every minute of it so far, but I'm having one annoying problem. I'm trying to map the expose keys to different Fkeys. I set up All Windows with F1, Desktop with F2 and Dashboard with F3. This just works better for me. The issue I'm having is that the All Windows on F1 doesn't stick after I shut down or restart the computer. The other mapped keys stay the same though.

Does OSX reserve F1 for something? I never use the function keys for anything but expose and dashboard so I don't really care about their built in functionality (or should I??).

Anyone know a way to make it stick?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB RAM, 320 HDD, Superdrive, Mighty Mouse
... in my Macbook all keys from F1 to F7 are "occupied", for bright, sound, num pad, screen; they have the little icon on it... is it the same in MBP?

OP
C
Reaction score
Mine was originally setup that way, but if you go to System Preferences > Keyboard > Click the option to "Use the F1-F12 keys to control software features" to change them to so you can use the Keyboard Shortcuts. You can still use the F keys to change the brightness of your screen /volume/etc... but you have to use fn+F#

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.