• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Chris Benoit is dead

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
That's terrible. I always wonder why people in that state feel the need to take others, especially their own children.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I just wish these people would commit suicide first and spare the innocent victims if they don't want to live.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in Mac-Book, 24in imac, 15in G4 iMac, 12in PowerBook, G3 iMac, G3 PPC, G3 iBook, and a 'Newton'
Never heard of him, but looking at him he is a 'Juice Monkey'..Idiot:Sleeping:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
It's very sad. When I was into wrestling I liked him. No one knows what's happened yet, may never know, the toxicity report hasn't come back yet, he might have been doped up and blacked out or something. I really can't call some one a jerk, it's unfortunate that it happened and it's really sad he did it to his wife and child. There has to be a reason though. I don't think the guy would have done it "just because". There has to be something more to it.

T

todd51

It's very sad. When I was into wrestling I liked him. No one knows what's happened yet, may never know, the toxicity report hasn't come back yet, he might have been doped up and blacked out or something. I really can't call some one a jerk, it's unfortunate that it happened and it's really sad he did it to his wife and child. There has to be a reason though. I don't think the guy would have done it "just because". There has to be something more to it.

We may never know, but side affects from the "enhancers" they found in the house cause some degree of paranoia and occasional "rage" I think is what I heard. But then again, it was the news so it could be stretched.

vxd

Reaction score
Wasn't this time last year Eddie Guerrero ODed in his hotel room?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Seems like these kinds of stories are happening a bit too often these days.

I was a psychiatric nurse for years and it's amazing the kind of horrible things that can come from a messed up brain. Worse yet, that so many innocent people end up being victims. Really sad...:(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' 80g Macbook 2.0 2g Ipod Nano
There are many drugs that can make you not remember anything. I have a really good friend and use to be coworker. He was staying out late at night partying. Been doing it for about 3 months. Jacked up on Cocaine come home take a shower and drive to work. Hadn't been to sleep in days. Came home one night tweeked out. Butchered his wife with a meat cleaver, called 911, and sat on the front porch waiting on them to get there. He still says today he doesn't remember any of it. Said the last thing he remembers was pulling over on the side of the road and doing another bump to get him through the rest of the night so he wouldn't be late for work. Was the cocaine laced? No one knows. But he now has 4 kids living with grandma and grandpa and there not going to be around for ever. They are pretty old. Hopefully they will live long enough to see all the kids graduate. Drugs do different things with different people.

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
And for the most part, not much of it's good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
A friend of mine on another forum posted this item last night...I think it nails the situation perfectly...

Ready for rampant (but respectful) speculation and amateur psychology from a non-wrestling fan?

Toxicology results aren't in. They found prescriptions in the house, but no steroids. A.) I'd keep my 'roids away from the house so the kid doesn't find needles. B.) Testosterone is prescribable, isn't technically a "steroid", causes muscle gain, and increases aggression.

He bound his wife. She was strangled. That means he was afraid of her getting away, calling for help. Which means she had reason to run. They fight, he hits her once and she goes down. He knows if she reports him, he's going to jail and is ruined. Strangulation is personal - he didn't hate her, but she couldn't tell on him.

Suicide is commonly brought on by guilt. He calmed down, saw what he did, and mulled it over. He couldn't live with it, so he decided to end it. That would leave his son alone, so he smothered him, probably in his sleep. I read there were no signs of struggle - so the fight with the wife was quick, and the kid didn't run or fight back. The whole "they'll be all alone" reasoning is narcissistic, but not that uncommon. He was protecting his son in his own delusional way.

He hanged himself from exercise equipement. Fairly ironic, but it also had supports and cords that he knew could hold his weight. Hanging yourself and having the pipe or rope break is for suckers. A gallows drop breaks your neck and is quick. Most exercise equipment isn't tall enough to get enough drop. He would've died slowly from strangulation - something he coud've probably stopped by standing upright or grabbing at the beam and pulling himself up. He REALLY wanted to die.

So I think he flipped out initially and killed his wife, but was probably calm (but distraught) for the next few days.

I'm not defending the guy - he was obviously horribly off-balance and did despicable things. I'm just saying the strange progression of his last weekend isn't taht strange if you can consider the combination of high aggression, a large ego, and the ability to benchpress a truck. I'm sorry this happened.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 80GB Video iPod (Black)
Way too many wrestlers or ex-wrestlers are dying. The WWE doesn't seem to be taking it seriously enough and just seems to go on regardless of what happens. They need some big changes.

I used to enjoy the wrestling. Now though the stories just seem desperate. Last I had heard, Vince has been killed. Maybe it is because I am older now. It is kind of lame now though and all the good wrestlers have left.

T

todd51

There are many drugs that can make you not remember anything. I have a really good friend and use to be coworker. He was staying out late at night partying. Been doing it for about 3 months. Jacked up on Cocaine come home take a shower and drive to work. Hadn't been to sleep in days. Came home one night tweeked out. Butchered his wife with a meat cleaver, called 911, and sat on the front porch waiting on them to get there. He still says today he doesn't remember any of it. Said the last thing he remembers was pulling over on the side of the road and doing another bump to get him through the rest of the night so he wouldn't be late for work. Was the cocaine laced? No one knows. But he now has 4 kids living with grandma and grandpa and there not going to be around for ever. They are pretty old. Hopefully they will live long enough to see all the kids graduate. Drugs do different things with different people.

That's just insane, I'm sorry that he was a good friend of yours. I don't think I would be able to believe it if it were my friend.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.