• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Microsoft Surface Parody Video - LOL!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Misses the point, but a great parody. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
I'm intrigued, what point did it miss? Or rather, what point was it intending to hit? I thought it was funny just because it was.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I'm intrigued, what point did it miss? Or rather, what point was it intending to hit? I thought it was funny just because it was.

I think the point of Surface is to serve as an interactive kiosk and not necessarily a very expensive home computer. While the usefulness of Surface is dubious, it's definitely a futuristic view of things to come - and even if the current implementation is somewhat useless to the average Joe, it's nice to see some form of innovation come from Microsoft.

Reaction score
It IS a great invention - but it is also a funny, funny video!! Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
It was good.....I kept expecting it to turn into a space invaders table like I used to play on at the pub.

And remember, its not a computer, its a big table....LOLOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
I have to agree with previous posters... its a great invention no matter what. But that video was hilarious :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
It's just multi-touch but more multi.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
that video was hilarious, thanks.
i can see the surface being useful in stores, like where they are starting to put them.. but actually as a home computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
How is this video hilarious? I think that it's a great piece of technology that Microsoft is in the process of creating. This video isn't funny, rather it tried to be funny... there's a difference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
not that funny in my book. as someone said earlier, they just don't get it.

OP
Surreality
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook
How is this video hilarious? I think that it's a great piece of technology that Microsoft is in the process of creating. This video isn't funny, rather it tried to be funny... there's a difference.

Wow... have you ever heard of a sense of humor? I'm sorry you viewed the video as an attack against Microsoft's "piece of technology" and got your panties in a bunch but it was meant to be a PARODY. I think Microsoft Surface is pretty **** cool too but that doesn't mean this video can't be funny at the same time... Agreed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Wow... have you ever heard of a sense of humor? I'm sorry you viewed the video as an attack against Microsoft's "piece of technology" and got your panties in a bunch but it was meant to be a PARODY. I think Microsoft Surface is pretty **** cool too but that doesn't mean this video can't be funny at the same time... Agreed?

I didn't see it as an attack. I thought it was stupid, wasn't funny at all. I don't see what's so funny about it - maybe you can shed some light on me. And, by the way, I do have a sense of humor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
i guess i don't have a sense of humor either because i didn't find it funny either. and as parody's go, that one was pretty lame.

now, the ones parodying the "i'm a mac" commercials are funny. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Intel Core2 Duo
Not exactly hillarious, but its worth a chuckle or two. I just dont understand the context where this would be worth the money. I know it shows the pub setting, but drunk people spilling alcohol all over it would make it sticky and possibly ruin the computer. In the case of the resturant you have the little kid element. Banging on it and so forth. But I could be wrong. I just dont see the "need" for this. Its too gimicky.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Hmm... so it seems I'm not the only one "who doesn't have a sense of humor", right Surreality?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
It was good.....I kept expecting it to turn into a space invaders table like I used to play on at the pub.

And remember, its not a computer, its a big table....LOLOL

Now THAT'S hilarious! The first time I saw it, I thought of the old Pac-Man table games when I was a kid. IF I had one, I couldn't resist finding a way to load up the old game. Maybe use my finger to move Pac-Man as a new spin on the old game.

I agree it's not too practical as it is. I saw another video somewhere where they are applying the interface to laptops. A multi-touch laptop screen with an interesting new 3D interface to go along with it would be a nice innovation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Well, what I like about it the most is the restaurant feature. When me and a couple buddies go out, we usually split the bill. It gets annoying adding how much you spent, then adding what everyone thinks they spent, and coming up very short.

The concept of where you can drag what food/drink items you ordered onto your credit card or to your bill is great.

This makes the waiter's jobs a whole lot easier, which means = less tips. They'll just be bringing out the food... that is until someone invents robots to automatically serve you food. Then they should be really concerned.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.