How 'bout iPhone as garage door opener?

Reaction score
I hear it will serve as an AppleTV universal remote so why not garage door opener too?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Should be pretty easy. Setup an AJAX page on your home server tied electronically into your garage door opener; login to the page, hit the Garage Door button, the server sends a signal to your garage door, voila - more hassle than just using a simple garage door remote control :)

Reaction score
That would definitely be a neat application for the iPhone. I would love it if I were to get one. I don't even know where a garage door opener is. I normally use the car.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D, 2 Gig.
how about use iPhone as a paper weight? that would be awesome, i cant wait.

Reaction score
hahaha. if the iPhone had a garage door opener I would buy it. Not for everything else that it has... you know, the mp3 playing capabilities, safari, no, I would buy it for the garage door opener because that would be innovative. everything else has been done before in at least one form or another.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.