But it says it is Mac compatible...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4 GHz Intel dual-core, 256MB video card, 1GB RAM, 60GB black iPod Video
So today I got my Macbook Pro, and went to install Diablo II, but it said that the installer was not supported. I presume that it has something to do with the fact that the file type says "Application (Classic)." So how do I get this kickass game installed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17", Intel Core Duo
Go to Blizzard.com or whatever the site is. Download the installer for OS X. There should be some instructions along with it as well.

When you run it, you must choose software graphics acceleration - if not, it'll just crash.

The reason you have to do this is that Diablo II is originally an OS9 game, which can be run on an PPC machine. You have an Intel machine, so you have to install an OS X version, which will run under Rosetta, since it's still only made for PPC processors. None of this really matters with this game, except for when choosing the graphics acceleration.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4 GHz Intel dual-core, 256MB video card, 1GB RAM, 60GB black iPod Video
I can't find it on thier site.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.