• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iMac Upgrade be4 Leopard?

Reaction score
since apple has been updating or upgrading their laptops with faster processors, do you guys think they'll do the same once Leopard comes out, cus i really want to get an iMac but it would suck if i would buy it today and tomorrow they realease for the same price the same computer but with more memory, and faster processors like they did with the MacBooks

Also since im a newbie and imdying to get a mac, you think leopard will run better on a 2.16 MacBook or a 2.0 iMac?

Reaction score
The performance difference won't be really noticeable between the two processors. It's RAM that will make a real impact, so get as much as you can.

As for your buying decision, no-one here can tell anything. Any kind of info would be purely wild speculation, and you need to decide whether you need a computer right now or not. October is farther away than many people think, and in the end, even if they do upgrade, do you really need the greates latest bestest or can you live with something that fulfills your needs?

Sure, the extra dollars may cause some pain, but hey, I bought my iMac G5 two months before the first Intel iMac came out, and I don't regret it a second. Of course, that's partly because my G5 is 64-bit , muahaha.

Reaction score
Why don't you wait till Leopard is actually released. By then, Apple may come up with even newer configurations

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.