iPhone has problems

Reaction score
While the iPhone will top its class in the States Europe is far ahead and it will have to compete with these two new little numbers from Sony Ericsson.

I have always owned an Ericsson and Sony Ericsson phones but was going to get the iPhone. Not sure now as the specs of these blow the iPhone out of the water:

tp://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pip1&pid=10868&zone=pp (outdated link removed)

tp://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pip1&zone=pp&pid=10908 (outdated link removed)

Apple needs to revamp the iPhone pretty quickly if it is to have a decent euro launch.

Reaction score
I disagree. People tend to forget that what makes most Apple products great, such as the iPod, is it's ease of use, style and compatibility. Plenty of other mp3 players out rank the iPod in sheer 'specs' but none of them have sold over 1 million like the iPod has.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
Apple sells because of the "Apple Generation". I have a mac and love it but let's face it, the biggest difference between apple and other things is style. If macbook looked like lenovos do you think they sell as much among the younger generation? No.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Reaction score
While the iPhone will top its class in the States Europe is far ahead and it will have to compete with these two new little numbers from Sony Ericsson.

I have always owned an Ericsson and Sony Ericsson phones but was going to get the iPhone. Not sure now as the specs of these blow the iPhone out of the water:

tp://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pip1&pid=10868&zone=pp (outdated link removed)

tp://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pip1&zone=pp&pid=10908 (outdated link removed)

Apple needs to revamp the iPhone pretty quickly if it is to have a decent euro launch.

SE have had x amount of phones out and they have got better and better over time.

This will happen with the iPhone as time goes on. More features with each version etc

Reaction score
iPhone is not a phone

Sony is selling a 5 megapixel camera.

Apple is selling a Computing experience in the palm of your hand.

Oh, and both happen to have telephone capabilities!

Reaction score
let's also not forget the one thing the iPhone has that NO other smartphone does or ever will: OSX. I had a 'smartphone' before with Windows Mobile on it and I'll never get one again (I actually had to reboot my phone when it locked up)

OP
J
Reaction score
Hmmm, I like Apple like the rest of you but the iPhone lacks too much for Europe. The camera pales in quality when compared to most mobile phones in th Europe, it has no 3G (which is almost everywhere in the EU), it can't do picture messaging which is big in Europe as well. I hope they address these problems as they are quite fundamental when compared with what people actually want from a phone in Europe.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.