iPhone -- I'm not eligible for an upgrade for 1.5 years!

Reaction score
I just switched to Cingular in this past november, and I'm not eligible for an upgrade until 2008! will i still be able to buy an iphone from cingular?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
yes, but you will have to pay the full sticker price, whatever that may be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro 3.06Ghz 7200RPM 500gb
Luckly my contract with them ends mid July so I will be able to upgrade then. I am unsure if I want an Iphone or a Nokia N95 right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
You'll have to pay full sticker anyway!!

Just consider yourself lucky. By the time you get one, it'll have all the things people were expecting them to debut with like 3G.

Reaction score
Reflections Nokia N95 or, if you choose, Which would choose? ... I think I still be waiting iPhone it, it does as a revolution.

tp://www.dvdtoiphoneconverter.org/ (outdated link removed)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 2.8ghz Macbook Pro, 32GB iPhone 4
Spoke to a Cingular/AT&T rep on the phone.

They were just trained on the phones and I was informed that no matter what, the 4GB model is $499 and the 8GB model is $599.

You are just locked into a new 2-year contract.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16GB iPhone, 17" iMac, 13" MacBook & 17" MacBook Pro
^^^
seriously? good lord. I was thinking that by waiting until my current contract ran out in October that I'd get a price cut to sign on with them again and get the iPhone. guess not. looks like whether I get it on June 29 or October 29 I'm still paying full price. ok, now, I may need to re-think this. at least by waiting til October, that'd be time for any kinks to be worked out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
Ill be camping out no matter what the price. I have to get one first day!!! Got my cash saved up for the 8gb.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 2.8ghz Macbook Pro, 32GB iPhone 4
Ill be camping out no matter what the price. I have to get one first day!!! Got my cash saved up for the 8gb.

Same

Took off work and everything.

And I'm leaving for NYC/Boston for a week the next day.

Should make the trip a little more fun :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
^^^
seriously? good lord. I was thinking that by waiting until my current contract ran out in October that I'd get a price cut to sign on with them again and get the iPhone. guess not. looks like whether I get it on June 29 or October 29 I'm still paying full price. ok, now, I may need to re-think this. at least by waiting til October, that'd be time for any kinks to be worked out.

Well, if you wait until you current contract is over in 1.5 years, maybe they'll start offering plan discounts. Maybe.

Reaction score
I gotta challenge them on this one when I go there tomorrow. If being a new customer affect the price then I got just get the Palm Treo for a contract price than buy the iPhone than flip the Treo and sell it for a little under retail (full price) to someone who wants a brand new phone without having to extend their contract. I'm not gonna not get rewarded for signing up with a 2-year when anyone else contract or not can just buy one.

So its either this
1. Cingular requires a new contract or an extension which would help prevent resellers and would require us to pay them monthly to own something that will be exclusive to them for 5 years!

2. Cingular and/or Apple would sell the phones unlocked which there probably not going to do to keep the phone exclusive.

3. Since they only mention signing up for a 2-year and not an extension then could just be just not telling us the FULL PRICE so people are shocked.

If it's #1 then Apple wouldn't sell you phone at the Apple Store and expect you to go Cingular unattended, again then probably wan't to prevent reselling and keep it exclusive to ONLY Cingular. I'm thinking there will probably be Cingular reps at the Apple store.

What confuses me is that they sell it online too but its greyed out at moment. But reports are coming up that they won't allow you to buy it online until a certain date (not launch date) so maybe they will require you to sign up online for a contract, rerouting to Cingular or on the Apple site, but how you will to physically sign something online is beyond me.

Also if you look at the "Get Ready" page on the Apple site they say create an iTunes account since it is required to activate your iPhone. Maybe they require you to have a signal or some special Cingular code to be able to use your iPhone and probably an internet connection (which people can't really complain about since it has built in wifi) again to keep the phone exclusive and away from other GSM (whatever you call it the companies that use a sim card) from using it. Basically if you cancel the contract your phone will probably not be fully functional.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.