iPhone + Network Hard Drive

Reaction score
If I have a hard drive that is hooked up to a wireless network, do you think that they will develop a way for me to listen to music from that hard drive on the network? If so, then I'll be opting for the lesser priced 4gb version, and just stream all of my music to my phone, since my campus has wireless access everywhere

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
If I have a hard drive that is hooked up to a wireless network, do you think that they will develop a way for me to listen to music from that hard drive on the network? If so, then I'll be opting for the lesser priced 4gb version, and just stream all of my music to my phone, since my campus has wireless access everywhere

You can do that yourself pretty easily. All you need is a streaming server with a website client. The server streams music to your device via a web page, which you browse with your iPhone. Here's some links to get you started:

The Most Powerful & Flexible Video Platform | JW Player

Icecast

edna -- an MP3 server

http://www.plaino.com/flash-mp3-server/mp3-server.html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15.4 core2duo 2.16 2gb
I thought that the iPhone has no flash support.

OP
K
Reaction score
sweet, i just gotta read up on exactly how i can do this...
hopefully there's a way i can do it without having my computer hooked up to the network

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
sweet, i just gotta read up on exactly how i can do this...
hopefully there's a way i can do it without having my computer hooked up to the network

If you setup a spare computer as a server, you can stream from there. Alternatively, you can load your files on a web server. There's a great multimedia service called MediaMax that stores your multimedia, it shouldn't be too hard to access on an iPhone:

http://www.mediamax.com/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I thought that the iPhone has no flash support.

do you mean, flash on websites or flash cards? I don't think there are flash cards, but I dont' think anybody knows yet if there will be flash on websites yet because apple has not said that it wouldn't, but does say that it has full safari on it, so you would think that safari plug-ins would work too?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.