• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Spray painting CDs

Reaction score
Hello children,

Im burning CDs for some people, and i really want them to look different, its sort of like my trademark,
I aint got no fancy printer thingy or anything like that,
just good old fashion spray paint.
Now i'm being extra careful after one of them got stuck in my iMac g3, but i did not wait very long at all for the paint to dry, like really really short, like not even 24 hours, i know, stupid.
4 days later i got the cd out, and its hardly even missing any paint,
theres 2 little spots by the hole in the middle, like pin hole size.

Anyway,

Im going out to buy some new colors, and i want to know which paint is the safest and doesn't add much depth to the cd (i know what some of you may say, its not worth it, dont do it, but im going to anyway, just not in my mac.) which paint is the 'thinnest' to say, and which paint will be the best for a music cd that will be playing in both a computer and a handheld cd player, but not a car cd player.
How much coats, can i do painting with a stencil on top of it?
Any tips?
Any tips for cool effects with the paint?
Thanks in advance,

Tanner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You would probably be better off buying some blank labels and doing the painting and artwork on those first, then apply the label to the disc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.