• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

It's official

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
We're a 2 Mac house now.

Went and got the wife a Macbook today. Just the bottom of the line, but it's more than enough power for what she does. Went ahead and got the Spec see thru case while I was at it also. Got her set up with a just a couple of basic stuff and let her have at it. She's already found one of her fav games, Tumblebugs, and got it installed. Expensive little game machine, huh.

But that's OK. Had to call her from the Apple store to get her info for the education discount. Hid the bag in the front room when I got home. Went back to the Fam. Rm. and she was grinning like a little kid, askin' "Where is it, where is it'. Told her I decided it was too expensive. She didn't believe me for a second. Responded, "you're lyin" and headed for the front door. It was pretty cool. Haven't seen her that tickled with something in a long time.

And then, since they were givin' a $199 credit, figured bottom line of $50 for the 30GB iPod for a new toy for me was just too good to pass up. Thanks, Apple. Haven't opened the iPod yet, still watchin' her enjoy her new toy.

And, since I like to test stuff, now that we have a MB and a MBP in the house, am willing to do a little testing between the 2. If anyone has specific requests, ask away. Can't promise I'll get to it, but will attempt to do some. WoW is really the only game I've put on my MBP. Not willin' to go buy a game for testing, but if you have one that has downloadable demo's, can probably give a couple of 'em a shot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Cool and congrats! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.