battery question

Reaction score
I was wondering...If I usually plug in my MBP, should I remove the battery? I was reading somewhere on here, about battery cycles or something like that. Am I killing my battery life by leaving it in if I usually plug in the MBP?

Thanks for the help

OP
T
Reaction score
I've read many posts about batteries and I'm still unclear. There seems to be many debates about batteries.

ONE question only....What is the best way to prolong a macbook pro battery???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Leaving your MBP plugged in won't kill your battery. Just be sure to cycle it once or twice a month. Cycling is when you drain the battery down to the point where it goes to sleep and then recharge it to full without touching it. Should keep your battery running just fine

OP
T
Reaction score
when you say recharge it to full without touching it...do you mean, just leave the MBP alone, meaning, don't go on it at all???

It may sound like a dumb question, but I want to make sure..

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
That's exactly what I mean. So it would probably be best to use up the battery before you go to sleep, and then leave it on the charger overnight to ensure you won't use it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.