• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

For the photo gurus of the board, Why…

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in Mac-Book, 24in imac, 15in G4 iMac, 12in PowerBook, G3 iMac, G3 PPC, G3 iBook, and a 'Newton'
Is it when you see a movie and they reminisce about the old days you always see a photo of them when they were younger and the photo looks like crap!

I watched the film about 4 old blokes that have to go into space to fix a Russian satellite that has gone pear shaped.

Well, as in all movies you catch a glimpse of a picture of yesteryear on the sideboard and it looks as if a 5 year old kid has cut the head off of the person and stuck it on a real old photo’ this happens in all movies.

With all the technology at hand today, don’t you think they could get photos to look like what they should and not a cut and paste on kind of thing?:(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I guess it depends on the prop guy they have and how interested he is in getting the detail and/or how big his budget is.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
130824.GIF

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
yeah, it's certainly better in some movies than others. budget and props are probably both to blame when it goes wrong, or to commend when it doesn't.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
rman, are you referring to the cover or the horrible idea of having the actors use their own voices for their young selves? ;)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
fleurya the movie that mudcrabs is refering to is Space Cowboy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.