• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

So is that it?

Reaction score
Is that all that is going to be announced this week. I guess that's good and bad. If that's it I'm getting 20" iMac tomorrow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8ghz iMac 24" 4gbRAM 750gbHD + 650gbExternalHD + 22" LCD
Wait until its finished.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8ghz iMac 24" 4gbRAM 750gbHD + 650gbExternalHD + 22" LCD
And buy the 24", it's cooler.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
An iMac update doesn't necessarily have to be huge, especially if it's just a speed bump.

Though I agree, you should wait until WWDC is over. You never know what might happen ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
i'd buy tomorrow, all the rest of wwdc is just developers learning new things.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - White - 2.0GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HD
The only thing I am disappointed about is that there were no new Cinema Displays. I have really been wanting them to update them with iSight and I really hate to buy one with out it. It doesn't really matter, because I don't have to money anyway.

I can dream right? I guess it just looks like a new Airport Extreme for my birthday next week. :]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I think what many people don't understand is the the WWDC (World Wide Developer's Conference) is centered mainly around software development. There doesn't have to be any sort of update to any hardware items during the conference. Yes, in the past there have been, but that doesn't make it a guarantee that it will happen.
This is also a good example of why the waiting game isn't always the best course of action to take if you are looking to get a new Mac.

If you are interested in hardware, then if you are within 2 weeks or so of the MacWorld Expo, then maybe hanging on a little while would be prudent.

If you are interested in software and are a week or two away from the WWDC, then it would be practical to wait.

Any other time of the year it wouldn't make much sense to wait unless you need to wait due to monetary issues.

Reaction score
I agree with Devliboy, and for all those countering with the fact that at wwdc2006 they launched the Xeon Mac Pro, well that was obviously because developers are the prime target market for such high-end machines. They're not going to try selling Mac Mini's to a Mathematica Developer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.