My Site (ChiefCodeMonkey)

S

solon

Check out me NEW site, now ONLINE.... tp://www.chiefcodemonkey.com (outdated link removed)

Looking for new members and some FEEDBACK.... tell me what you think!

Thanks,
Solon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
I do like your 404 page.

Feedback: I think the logo on the main site is far, far too large - either make it a spash screen (which I'd probably also criticise you for!) or shrink it and put it in the top left corner. Other than a few other minor layout issues it's a pretty nice site.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Nice, I like the backround :p

OP
D

design2

php

did u make the site on your own writing php and using databases?
cos thats a pretty cool functionable site, from a designers point of view its static but you've got some good interactivity and functions that most designers cant do.

Design2

OP
S

solon

design2 said:
did u make the site on your own writing php and using databases?
cos thats a pretty cool functionable site, from a designers point of view its static but you've got some good interactivity and functions that most designers cant do.

Design2

Yeah... the forum is a Mod'ed phpBB forum to suit my purpose.... but as for the home page (and the simia and gallery etc.) and other databasing stuff., yeah that was all me!

Thanks for the feedback....

Solon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
That 404 page is cool :D

OP
R

RobDreugan

It's cool I suppose that you wrote all the php yourself, but not to sound I guess negative, the layout is very boring and a-typical of phpbb, or **** any type of php site, with news, links, mods etc.

The logo is rediculously big, but the logo is cool. Also, I'd like to see some color in the site, w/o having to turn my retina's down from the pure white color scheme.

Just a piece of food for thought, maybe structure the page differently and shape the format of the php etc in a different way, using your logo as an important part of the site, rather than just *slap* here's my logo.

Maybe shrink the monkey down, and make it take 1/3rd the screen on the left or right, and then integrate some of the php into it, to make it a self contained page that has no page scrolling.

Just about anything to make it not so generic looking.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.