• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Any upgrades you wanted that weren't included?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I know a lot of people have been hoping for a tablet laptop, which may still happen, or 54 pin expresscard which didn't happen either.

I was hoping they would include bluetooth with A2DP to transmit stereo audio, but no luck. With a lot of cell phones going this way, I don't know why Apple is so resistant to this great technology.

Anyone else hoping for something to come with the upgrade that didn't get included?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Anyone else hoping for something to come with the upgrade that didn't get included?

for Steve Jobs to come to my house and say, "Your wife's 15" HP notebook is a piece of garbage! Here's a spanking new MacBook Pro!"

:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
if jobs showed up at my house, id expect him to at least bring some red koolaid :)

i think the upgrade is a great move. not too little, not too much. Doesnt make, for example me, want to go out and buy because my c2d MBP is outdated (which its not), but the upgrade satisfies peoples wants.

good job apple!

oh and steve if your reading this, im still waiting for something cheaper than a MacPro desktop wise :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
More USB ports, maybe a hinge that swung out more (like 180 degrees). eSATA would have been nice too. I got everything I wanted though. I promised myself that I would buy one if the following three conditions were made:

1. 2.4ghz Santa Rosa
2. 4gb ram
3. LED backlighting

All were met! I am waiting until after WWDC to purchase just in case they release something super-cool like an ultraportable laptop. I also want to read some reviews of the new Santa Rosa-based MBP just to be sure everything is kosher.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 GHz 3 GB RAM
oh and steve if your reading this, im still waiting for something cheaper than a MacPro desktop wise :)

iMacs and Mac minis, perhaps?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I was hoping they would include bluetooth with A2DP to transmit stereo audio, but no luck. With a lot of cell phones going this way, I don't know why Apple is so resistant to this great technology.

I think that's more OS dependent than hardware dependent. I would expect that feature to be available in Leopard.

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
According to the "geniuses" at the Apple store, it is hardware dependent. I'm not sure which to believe and haven't done any research to find out yet. I've never heard of a firmware update for a phone that made BT A2DP, new in entirely new products.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
iMacs and Mac minis, perhaps?

neither the Imac ( i dont want the screen) nor the mini (too slow for what you pay really) are what i want.

ive heard the mini's are being dumped, which would be a shame, i like the size and looks, i just dont care to spend 700$ on something with a piddly core duo in it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
According to the "geniuses" at the Apple store, it is hardware dependent. I'm not sure which to believe and haven't done any research to find out yet. I've never heard of a firmware update for a phone that made BT A2DP, new in entirely new products.

I have. My HTC Wizard (aka Cingular 8125) didn't come with A2DP support out of the box. It was with a subsequent flash upgrade that the feature was enabled.

The Bluetooth radio on Macbooks is top-notch. It is most definitely a software issue

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, Kash. It seems like Apple has had ample opportunity to make this happen, but they just don't seem to want to. It's very disappointing to me. I would love to have wireless headphones or put some BT speakers in another room in the house. Most wireless speaker setups are pretty pricey.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You have to understand Apple's position is the same as Microsoft's. A2DP is mainly used in cell phones because there is a strong demand for it in that particular market. When it comes to computers, the demand isn't nearly as strong as most people tend to use wired speakers or headphones.

Now, if Leopard were still coming out this month, then it would have been the perfect time to introduce A2DP support. But now that it's being released in October, I feel as though Apple is dragging its feet on the matter. Stereo bluetooth sales would rise significantly once Apple and Microsoft include native A2DP support into their operating systems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 GHz 3 GB RAM
ive heard the mini's are being dumped, which would be a shame, i like the size and looks, i just dont care to spend 700$ on something with a piddly core duo in it

Agreed, absolutely. I think it would be a blunder to dump the Mac mini, when the design isn't old at all, and they made such a big deal out of having a Mac available for less than $1000. Apple will have no relatively inexpensive offerings if they drop it, and that just doesn't make business sense to me. I'm hoping that rather than discontinuing it, they upgrade it at WWDC, because it definitely needs one.

Reaction score
Apple has a patent, (simplified version) for every one or 2 pixels transmitting light, theres a pixel or subpixel that detects light, essentially a screen that can act as a camera.

NOW id like to see that in the new mbp's. I promised myself if that detail was met Id buy 10 of them but ill just have to buy 2 for now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD
I would like an upgrade to the Mac Mini without a major price increase. Maybe a switch to a C2D CPU (not a major speed boost just a small processor increase so it can do 64bit stuff) and a OK graphics card (again nothing major - in my case 64MB-128MB would do fine) and a switch to 802.11N.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
I would like an upgrade to the Mac Mini without a major price increase. Maybe a switch to a C2D CPU (not a major speed boost just a small processor increase so it can do 64bit stuff) and a OK graphics card (again nothing major - in my case 64MB-128MB would do fine) and a switch to 802.11N.

Well, either the Mini is getting the axe or it's getting an upgrade. Everything else has gotten an upgrade so far! I've heard absolutely zero rumors about a Mac Pro "Lite" desktop, so I don't think we'll be seeing anything along those lines. A Core 2 Duo Mini would be nice, but the only real advantage would be an upgrade to a max of 3gb ram and maybe a slightly better video card. The current Mac Minis already accept Core 2 Duo chips; you can put a 2.33ghz Merom in there no sweat. I hope it's something wild, crazy, and exciting, but I'm not holding my breath. The iMacs will probably get a facelift and the monitors will probably get a built-in camera, but I think the real focus will be the iPhone & Leopard. Only a few days left to find out :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.