• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Any changes for more laptop changes next week?

Reaction score
What are the chances that Apple will release more changes to the laptop line next week?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
In my opinion its slim.

They just did the boost in both in their MacBook and MacBook Pro lines if anything probably not until WWDC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Probably not. I'm betting on iMac changes, iPhone and Leopard of course, Mini getting the axe. Maybe there will be a Mini replacement. Looks like the hopes for a tablet Mac are gone since the laptop updates are done.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 GB at 7200rpms 4GB ram...iPhone 3G
Yea they're computers have recieved quite a few updates in the last few months. The MacPro with the 8 core was about 2-3 months ago... The macbook with the new speeds about 3 weeks ago... and now the Mackbook Pro with the awsome-ness added yesterday. Next Might be the imac at the WWDC, not sure tho? and of course iphone and leopard. Man Apple moves so fast, it's unbelieveable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
I suspect the iMac will get a redesign and a bit of a power poost, not because I'm smart and analyse Apple PR Patterns it's because I like to take credit for other people's work.

As that's a big talking point, a redesign, it will be featured at WWDC aswell as like someone pointed out more about Leopard and iPhone, although I doubt we'll hear anymore about future Launch dates for other countries.

Also maybe some news on an iPod would be good... But yea No more Laptop Updates! lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Laptop updates anytime soon? Chances are slim to none (I'll put my money on none). Apple just updated both laptop lines and Intel has nothing new coming out, so there's really nothing to upgrade TO.

I can see updates to other Apple products coming soon though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
Anyone think they are ever going to release an intel version of the old 12" powerbook? That was the best laptop ever made, and it is sad that we haven't seen an intel predecessor.

Does anyone know if Apple has said they are never going to make this model, or if they are working on it, or what?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
(I'll put my money on none)
Same here!

Anyone think they are ever going to release an intel version of the old 12" powerbook? ...
Does anyone know if Apple has said they are never going to make this model, or if they are working on it, or what?
That's what I wanted ~ 12" MacBook Pro. I don't see it happening (but hope I'm wrong?!) ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
That's what I wanted ~ 12" MacBook Pro. I don't see it happening (but hope I'm wrong?!) ;)

Same here...my dream is an ultraportable Mac laptop, plus a Mac Pro at home. The new 15" is perfect for a single machine though. I haven't heard any rumors for awhile on the 12", so I doubt we'll see one at WWDC. I don't know why Apple is avoiding the ultraportable market...nearly everyone I know who has a G4 has a 12" iBook or PowerBook, not one of the larger ones. They were immensely popular as far as I can tell...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.