• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

J. K. Rowling Said What? (Harry Potter)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
In my opinion this is just way WRONG :Confused:. But then again its the Onion, check it out.

J. K. Rowling Reveals

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The Blood of the Cloak is actually the name for, supposedly, Chapter 5 where the alleged incident happens.

But still I think its a Hoax anyways, but it was just funny don't u think :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
um dude. it's the Onion. They don't do REAL news, they make it all up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
um dude. it's the Onion. They don't do REAL news, they make it all up.

Thank you! It's great when people think The Onion is real! I didn't know they were doing videos now. The guy interviewed was very creepy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
Thank you! It's great when people think The Onion is real! I didn't know they were doing videos now. The guy interviewed was very creepy.

Oh so George Washington didn't speak out yesterday about George Bush's Iraq policy :Not-Amused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Sorry, I don't help to proliferate ignorance. I try to stamp it out. :)

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

easy there, I knew it was a joke, I know the onion is nothing but made up news. Its meant to be a Joke :D

Reaction score
Lol'd big time. Gosh for a split second I thought it was real, until that guy accused Hagrid of being the rapist :)

Never heard of the Onion here in Switzerland.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
Never heard of the Onion here in Switzerland.

Nor have I in the UK, but I know now what's replacing BBC News for me now. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
easy there, I knew it was a joke, I know the onion is nothing but made up news. Its meant to be a Joke :D

Not a big deal. Before I knew it was fake, I almost believed a story where the first mall of some South American country was opened and eventually closed due too theft, looting and was eventually taken over by a faction of freedom fighters or something.

I almost believed it because I had just come from China, where malls being opened couldn't stay in business because nobody could afford the merchandise so they would just openly steal stuff.

The onion does a great job on presentation. I find them more believable than the folks over at Fox News.

Reaction score
A couple of years ago, a Chinese newspaper/website picked up an Onion story and ran it as though it was real, thereby turning itself into a news story that was funnier than the Onion's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The onion does a great job on presentation. I find them more believable than the folks over at Fox News.

Personally, I'd believe 8 year old Billy reporting on his mom's video camera in the garage over Fox News...

No wait...I'd believe Kent Brockman and Ron Burgundy over Fox News...

was that too far? ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.